By Jim Donnelly
Through our joint effort with the Broward Sheriff’s Office to share updates with residents, this is a summary of crimes and other Parkland incidents through July 10, 2023.
The victim of Auto Theft on NW 66 Way was reported on: 07/07/23. A 2015 Silver Chevy Camaro SS CV Vehicle was left unlocked with the key fob inside. It was then stolen.
Theft -All Other
The victim of Theft -All Other on Heron Bay Blvd N was reported on: 07/08/2023. The total estimated loss was: $150.
The victim of Aggravated Assault on Parkland Isles Blvd/Pine Island Road was reported on: 07/10/2023. The victim stated that a vehicle, a Toyota Corolla with a Georgia tag and an unknown driver, attempted to follow him through the gate when he stopped to let the traffic arm close and exited his vehicle to inform the other driver that he needed to use his barcode to enter the community or use the other entrance. The victim stated the unidentified driver then brandished a nickel-plated firearm but did not point it at the victim. The suspect then informed the victim that he lived in the community, drove around the traffic arm, and fled the scene. No surveillance video was available at the time of the report.
A Suspicious Incident on NW 72 Street was reported on: 07/10/2023. Cameras showed a black Lincoln Navigator driving by, stopping, and backing into the driveway. A male exited the passenger side door and ran up the driveway towards the side of the house; then, seconds later, he ran back and left in the vehicle.
The victim of a Death Investigation on Barnsley Drive was reported on: 07/10/2023. BSO deputies and Coral Springs Parkland Fire Rescue transported a 42-year-old male to Broward Health Coral Springs Hospital, where he was pronounced deceased. According to BSO, no foul play was involved.
Information on Cantal Circle was reported on: 07/10/2023. The reporter said she signed a contract with Blue Construction and Plumbing to build a swimming pool. An initial deposit of $11,480 was paid. The City of Parkland rejected the permits because the contractor was not registered to perform work in the city. The reporter canceled the contract, but the contractor will not refund the deposit.
Misevski, Robert, 50, was arrested on a charge of Warrant, $50, at 5941 NW 99 Avenue on 07/05/2023.
Sims, Wayman, N., 24, was arrested on a charge of Larceny-Petit Theft 1st Degree 100 Less 750 Dollars at 11450 Heron Bay Blvd N on 07/08/2023.
- A Coral Springs resident for over 30 years, Jim Donnelly has had a 40-year career as a photographer, videographer, and editor for South Florida affiliate news stations, along with CNN, ESPN, ABC Sports and News, NBC Sports and News, Fox News, and CBS. Donnelly has won several awards, including EMMY’s, for his team coverage. Currently, he owns Image Masters Photography and works as a Realtor.
- NewsOctober 2, 2023Parkland Crime Update: Unlocked Vehicle Stolen
- NewsSeptember 27, 2023Parkland Crime Update: Resident Threatened By 10 Juveniles On Bicycles And Scooters
- NewsSeptember 18, 2023Parkland Crime Update: Man Allegedly Threatens Neighbor and Deputy Using Racial Slurs And Social Media
- NewsSeptember 11, 2023Parkland Crime Update: Man Out For A Walk Attacked By German Shepherd