By Jim Donnelly
Through our joint effort with the Broward Sheriff’s Office to share updates with residents, this is a summary of crimes and other Parkland incidents through January 9, 2022.
A victim of Burglary Conveyance on Old Club Road in Parkland Golf & Country Club was reported on 01/05/2023. The total estimated loss was $350.
Delayed burglary of a blue 2021 Dodge Charger was left unlocked on the west end of the parking lot located at Old Club Rd in Parkland Golf & Country Club. According to the victim, on January 4, 2023, an unknown subject(s) entered his unlocked vehicle and removed his blue wallet from the center console, which contained multiple credit cards, personal identification card as well as $300.
A victim of Burglary Residence on Stonegate Blvd in Parkland Golf & Country Club was reported on 01/04/2023. The total estimated loss was $50. Four suspects, three on foot and one in a getaway vehicle, burglarized the victim`s unlocked Cadillac in the driveway and stole a garage door opener. The three suspects then used the opener to enter the garage and burglarize three other vehicles. An additional garage door opener was stolen from one of the vehicles. The suspects appear to be black male juveniles wearing hoodies, and the suspect vehicle is possibly a Nissan with unknown color. The suspects were inside the garage for approximately 30 seconds and fled after the home alarm sounded, waking the victim.
Information was given to BSO on University Drive on 01/07/2023. A Parkland resident received a suspicious package containing a powder-like substance. The substance was sealed, with no exposure or threat. Research determined the product to be a mud mask (make-up). Coral Springs-Parkland Fire Department responded and contacted the Hazmat Unit. It was determined the product be of no harm and disposed of.
No arrests reported
Send your news to Parkland’s #1 Award-Winning News Source, Parkland Talk. Don’t miss reading Tamarac Talk, Coral Springs Talk, Coconut Creek Talk, and Margate Talk.
- A Coral Springs resident for over 30 years, Jim Donnelly has had a 40-year career as a photographer, videographer, and editor for South Florida affiliate news stations, along with CNN, ESPN, ABC Sports and News, NBC Sports and News, Fox News, and CBS. Donnelly has won several awards, including EMMY’s, for his team coverage. Currently, he owns Image Masters Photography and works as a Realtor.
- News2023.06.04Parkland Crime: Victim Finds Her Stolen Rolex On Facebook
- News2023.05.29Parkland Crime: $9K Worth of Watches Stolen During Open House
- News2023.05.22Parkland Crime Update: Dog May have been Stolen After Being Let Out
- News2023.05.15Parkland Crime: Police Called After Employee Doesn’t Return Company Property Upon Resignation