By Sharon Aron Baron
Through our joint effort with the Broward Sheriff’s Office to share updates to residents, this is a summary of crimes and other Parkland incidents through January 11, 2021.
7531 N State Road 7 – Waterways Plaza
On January 5, an unknown subject(s) entered the victim’s unlocked vehicles without the owner’s permission and removed $1,100 in cash. Scene processed with negative results. Area canvassing completed.
8095 University Dr – Publix
On January 6, Publix employees found $155 in cash lying on the ground near one of the cash registers. It is believed that a customer inadvertently dropped it while checking out. BSO attempted to identify the owner of the cash; however, they were unsuccessful. While conducting that investigation, the manager also turned over an unrelated ring from their lost and found. The cash and the ring were put into evidence for safekeeping.
9245 Ranch Rd – Barkland
On January 5, one dog appeared to be too aggressive while playing at Barkland Park. No dog was bitten. Both parties also advised the other party shouted obscenities at one another before exiting the park.
10770 Shore St – Cascata
On January 6, the reporting person received harassing text messages on his cellphone. They alleged the sender of the messages is from the ex-brother-in-law. Their lawyer advised them to make a report of the incident.
8100 block of Falls Ln – Cypress Head
On January 8, a reported neighbor dispute over barking dog off-lead.
6650 University Dr
On January 7, a deputy misplaced his BSO issued Holster after receiving a new one.
Send your news to Parkland’s #1 news source, Parkland Talk.
- Sharon Aron Baron is a Parkland resident and editor of Talk Media. She has been covering Parkland news since 2012. Parkland Talk was created to provide News, Views, and Entertainment for the residents of Parkland.
- News2021.05.12Parkland Parents Weigh in on COVID-19 Vaccinations for Kids
- News2021.05.09Slots Still Open at Relay For Life ‘Swing Fore A Cure’ Golf Tournament on May 22
- News2021.05.07Suspects Burglarize 7 Vehicles in This Week’s Crime Update in Parkland
- News2021.05.05Parkland Vice Mayor Mayersohn Elected to Serve on Florida League of Cities Board of Directors