By Jill Fox
Parkland families have a chance to have some fun while keeping a safe distance.
Residents are invited to a family drive-in movie on Saturday, July 25, at the Equestrian Center.
This time, the featured movie is an older one– The Sandlot. The classic 1993 film takes place over a summer in the sixties. It’s filled with the adventures of a group of boys who bond over baseball and life lessons.
Gates open at 7:00 p.m., and cars will be parked in pre-measured rows practicing 6-foot physical distancing in a way that makes sure everyone has a great view of the screen. The movie will start at approximately 8:25 p.m.
The City of Parkland is proud to host the drive-in movie free of charge to the community. There is no entry fee or ticket required to attend, but space is limited.
Social distancing requirements are in effect, and movie-goers will need to remain in their vehicles—or on them.
Golf carts and pets are not permitted to attend, and concessions will not be available, so residents should bring their own snacks and drinks.
“It is a great way to enjoy a fun family night out in a safe way,” said Mayor Christine Hunschofsky.
The special events hotline will be updated if any changes or weather updates occur at 954-757-4215. The Equestrian Center is located at 83560 Ranch Road in Parkland.
Send your news to Parkland’s #1 News Source Parkland Talk.
- Jill Fox is an Emmy Award-winning writer and producer. She has worked on the public relations side as well as the television side of marketing for NBC Universal. A true Floridian, Fox grew up in Ormond Beach and earned her Bachelor’s Degree in Economics and Advertising from the University of Miami. During college, Fox enjoyed working at Walt Disney World. She loves living in Parkland with her husband, Brian and their two children, Madden, 10 and Randi, 7.
- News2020.09.253 Marjory Stoneman Douglas Students Create Masks with a Meaning
- News2020.09.25BSO Units Arrests 4 Suspects after Parkland Car Burglary
- News2020.09.25Parkland Farmers’ Market Returns November 1 with ‘Drive Thru’ Format
- Politics2020.09.24Parkland Commission Votes to Lower Millage Rate For 2021