By Jill Fox
Although there is still uncertainty surrounding fall sports, Parkland Flag football is optimistic in its preparations.
In an email sent to parents on Thursday, Board President Matt Kaufman said, they are keeping their eyes on COVID-19 and the government mandates.
“For now, we have a green light,” he said.
Early registrants will receive a discount through the end of June, and the last day to sign up is August 10. Kindergarteners will be placed onto a team, while all other age groups will be drafted.
“We would love to have every child from kindergarten through high school sign up,” said Kaufman.
Athletes living outside of Parkland are welcome to play but will be charged an additional fee, and if the season is cancelled before it starts, parents will receive full refunds.
Hopefully, that won’t be the case, and evaluations, starting on August 17, will take place at Pine Trails Park. The flag football season runs September 1 through November 7. More details will follow with dates and times for various age groups.
“Give it a try this season. You will not regret it,” said Kaufman.
Send your news to Parkland’s #1 News Source Parkland Talk.
- Jill Fox is an Emmy Award-winning writer and producer. She has worked on the public relations side as well as the television side of marketing for NBC Universal. A true Floridian, Fox grew up in Ormond Beach and earned her Bachelor’s Degree in Economics and Advertising from the University of Miami. During college, Fox enjoyed working at Walt Disney World. She loves living in Parkland with her husband, Brian and their two children, Madden, 10 and Randi, 7.
- News2020.09.253 Marjory Stoneman Douglas Students Create Masks with a Meaning
- News2020.09.25BSO Units Arrests 4 Suspects after Parkland Car Burglary
- News2020.09.25Parkland Farmers’ Market Returns November 1 with ‘Drive Thru’ Format
- Politics2020.09.24Parkland Commission Votes to Lower Millage Rate For 2021