By Jill Fox
Parkland is getting into the holiday spirit with a holiday home decorating contest for residents.
This year, the city staff decided to hold the contest as a way to have the community embrace the holiday spirit.
“We can all agree that 2020 can use all of the extra-bright lights around,” said Mayor Rich Walker, who added that his family has always loved driving around looking at decorations.
Judging will take place during the week of December 14 with awards in each of three categories: most creative, most lights, and best business. All entrants must be Parkland residents.
Walker said this provides people with the opportunity to be recognized for some of the amazing work that they do decorating for the holidays while simultaneously creating a physically distant and safe way for neighbors to engage.
Winners will be announced on Saturday, December 19, at the Light up the Park event at Pine Trails Park Amphitheater.
Enter the contest here.
Send your news to Parkland’s #1 News Source, Parkland Talk.
- Jill Fox is an Emmy Award-winning writer and producer. She has worked on the public relations side as well as the television side of marketing for NBC Universal. A true Floridian, Fox grew up in Ormond Beach and now resides in Parkland with her husband, Brian and their two children, Madden, 10 and Randi, 7.
- News2021.01.27City Commission Recognizes Contributions of Parkland Residents
- News2021.01.26Registration Open for Relay for Life 5K Through Jan 31
- News2021.01.25Funds Raised at 4th Annual ‘Run 4 Beigel’ Help Children Attend Summer Camp
- News2021.01.25Childhood Friends Open First Catch Seafood & Grill in Parkland