By Jill Fox
Parkland is getting into the holiday spirit with a holiday home decorating contest for residents.
This year, the city staff decided to hold the contest as a way to have the community embrace the holiday spirit.
“We can all agree that 2020 can use all of the extra-bright lights around,” said Mayor Rich Walker, who added that his family has always loved driving around looking at decorations.
Judging will take place during the week of December 14 with awards in each of three categories: most creative, most lights, and best business. All entrants must be Parkland residents.
Walker said this provides people with the opportunity to be recognized for some of the amazing work that they do decorating for the holidays while simultaneously creating a physically distant and safe way for neighbors to engage.
Winners will be announced on Saturday, December 19, at the Light up the Park event at Pine Trails Park Amphitheater.
Enter the contest here.
Send your news to Parkland’s #1 News Source, Parkland Talk.
- Jill Fox is an Emmy Award-winning writer and producer. She has worked in public relations and television for over 20 years. Fox lives in Parkland with her husband and their two children.
- Crime & Safety2021.07.30Meet Local School Resource Officers at ‘Parkland Night Out’ Event
- Events2021.07.29Register For Inspiring Professional Women’s Alliance Luncheon Featuring State Rep. Hunschofsky
- Events2021.07.28Parkland Little League Holds Free Pitch, Hit and Run Competition
- News2021.07.28Parkland Awarded $1.5 Million Grant For Future 36-Acre Park