By: Chris Brunner
The City of Parkland will hold an observance of Memorial Day on Wednesday at the Library.
This event is free and open to the public. Westglades Middle School JROTC will be giving the Presentation of Colors. A performance of taps and The Star Spangled Banner will be presented by an ensemble from the Westglades Band.
Harpist Darlin Weingarten, a member of the South Florida Chapter of the American Harp Society, will provide background music as attendees write notes or create coloring pages to add to a memorial message board.
The Memorial Day Ceremony will be held Wednesday, May 23, from 6:30 p.m. to 7:00 p.m. at the Parkland Library located at 6620 N University Dr, Parkland, FL 33067.
- Chris has been a contributing writer at Tamarac Talk and Coral Springs Talk since 2015 and begin in high school. He is a resident of Coral Springs and is currently attending college as well as working at Parkland Talk.
- News2020.04.16Museum of Discovery and Science Now Partners with Broward County Public Schools
- News2020.04.16$250,000 Matching Gift for the Humane Society of Broward County
- Crime & Safety2019.10.20National Teen Driver Safety Week Held on October 20-26
- Events2019.09.29Grudges Settled During Coastal Championship Wrestling Event in Coral Springs