By: Chris Brunner
The City of Parkland will hold an observance of Memorial Day on Wednesday at the Library.
This event is free and open to the public. Westglades Middle School JROTC will be giving the Presentation of Colors. A performance of taps and The Star Spangled Banner will be presented by an ensemble from the Westglades Band.
Harpist Darlin Weingarten, a member of the South Florida Chapter of the American Harp Society, will provide background music as attendees write notes or create coloring pages to add to a memorial message board.
The Memorial Day Ceremony will be held Wednesday, May 23, from 6:30 p.m. to 7:00 p.m. at the Parkland Library located at 6620 N University Dr, Parkland, FL 33067.
- Chris has been a contributing writer at Tamarac Talk and Coral Springs Talk since 2015 and begin in high school. He is a resident of Coral Springs and is currently attending college as well as working at Parkland Talk.
- Events2019.07.03Coastal Championship Wrestling Returns to Coral Springs with ‘Stars & Stripes’
- Events2019.06.10Humane Society Holds Summer Adopt-A-Thon
- Events2019.01.21Coastal Championship Wrestling returns for a ‘New Years Revolution’
- Events2018.12.07Pearl Harbor Day: Film Screening ‘Rescue in the Philippines: Refuge from the Holocaust’