By Jill Fox
Registration for incoming elementary school students is approaching, and Parkland families have choices to make.
Families residing within the Riverglades Elementary School boundary do not need to apply for a seat at Riverglades, however, families west of University Drive who want to attend the school should.
The school choice window opens on December 2, 2019, at 8 a.m. Submit preference for the 2020/21 school year using a reassignment application. The window closes February 5, 2020, at 5 p.m. On March 6, 2020, parents will receive a notification via email and the Check Your Status webpage online.
Current students attending their preferred school do not need to reapply.
Parents who wish to observe each elementary school can do so by visiting on one of the following Wednesdays: Park Trails on January 8 at 6:30 p.m., Heron Heights on January 15 at 6:30 p.m. and Riverglades on January 22 at 6:30 p.m.
To apply online, a student must have a Broward County Public Schools student ID number. To obtain one, parents need to bring the following to the main office of any Parkland elementary school: the child’s original birth certificate, the parent/guardian driver’s license, a current mortgage/lease statement and a current utility bill (electric, gas, water, cable or phone).
- Jill Fox is an Emmy Award-winning writer and producer. She has worked on the public relations side as well as the television side of marketing for NBC Universal. A true Floridian, Fox grew up in Ormond Beach and now resides in Parkland with her husband, Brian and their two children, Madden, 10 and Randi, 7.
- News2021.01.26Registration Open for Relay for Life 5K Through Jan 31
- News2021.01.25Funds Raised at 4th Annual ‘Run 4 Beigel’ Help Children Attend Summer Camp
- News2021.01.25Childhood Friends Open First Catch Seafood & Grill in Parkland
- News2021.01.24Congregation Kol Tikvah in Parkland Holds Virtual Comedy Jan 30