By Jill Fox
To help assess the future of Parkland’s community parks and ensure they can accommodate growth, city officials are asking for input from residents.
The city hired BerryDunn, a government consulting firm, to conduct the master plan park study, which seeks input from residents about their requests for the parks. The survey will look at all parks and recreation facilities, from athletics to events, guiding the future.
Mayor Christine Hunschofsky said the city wants a parks and recreation master plan that comprehensively address the needs of the whole community, and resident input is an essential, welcome, and valuable part of that process.
Those with an opinion about the parks and recreation facilities can make their voices count at one of the public forums, starting on December 2. Pre-registration is not required, simply show up and be heard.
The first forum, exclusive to Parkland seniors, will take place on December 2, from 10:30 a.m. to 11:30 a.m. at the P-REC, followed by a session at 6:00 p.m. at the Parkland Library. An open forum will take place on December 3, from 6:30 p.m. to 8:30 p.m. at the Pine Trails Park amphitheater.
City Manager Nancy Morando said the goal is to have a first draft of the master plan park study in April, so future direction and planning can begin.
The P-Rec is located at 10559 Trails End in Parkland.
- Jill Fox is an Emmy Award-winning writer and producer. She has worked on the public relations side as well as the television side of marketing for NBC Universal. A true Floridian, Fox grew up in Ormond Beach and earned her Bachelor’s Degree in Economics and Advertising from the University of Miami. During college, Fox enjoyed working at Walt Disney World. She loves living in Parkland with her husband, Brian and their two children, Madden, 10 and Randi, 7.
- Schools2020.09.28Gina Rose Montalto Memorial Foundation Awards Total of 3 Scholarships
- News2020.09.27Our Interview with the Four Candidates for City Commission District 1
- News2020.09.253 Marjory Stoneman Douglas Students Create Masks with a Meaning
- News2020.09.25BSO Units Arrest 4 Suspects after Parkland Car Burglary