Video by Dan Solomon
By: Sharon Aron Baron
The Parkland Pokers 11 and under team is “MSD Strong” after winning their division title Friday night.
The team played for their South Florida Travel Baseball division in Lantana, FL in a tournament beginning with 14 teams, the Pokers defeated Palm Beach Gardens by the score of 13-4. Moments after the game ended, the team realized there were 17 runs scored in the game.
The team dedicated the season to the victims of Marjory Stoneman Douglas. In honor of the victims, the team wore special Stoneman Douglas caps throughout the playoffs.
“Baseball has been a source of healing for our entire community,” said Dan Solomon, father of shortstop player Nicholas. “The game has a way of bringing families together. This team cares deeply about representing the city and honoring the MSD victims.”
Consisting of a roster Coral Springs and Parkland families, players are: Cooper Green, Michael Cacace, Dylan Stolov, Ryan Mockenhaupt, Nick Curra, Andrew Sarro, Nicholas Solomon, Mateo Battagliola, Josh Espinosa, Eric Chalson, and Brady Rosenholtz. Coaches are Rob Buckley, Manny Rojas and James Buckley.
Solomon said, “The entire Pokers organization, at all levels, is comprised of dedicated coaches and talented players. We’re all proud to be a part of it.”
- Sharon Aron Baron is a Parkland resident and editor of Talk Media. She has been covering Parkland news since 2012. Parkland Talk was created to provide News, Views, and Entertainment for the residents of Parkland.
- News2021.01.23Marjory Stoneman Douglas Climate Sustainability Club Holds Fundraiser
- News2021.01.213 Men Arrested for Loitering, Prowling, This Week in Parkland Crime
- News2021.01.21State COVID-19 Vaccine Appointment Scheduling System Now Up in Broward County
- News2021.01.21Polsky and Grieco Refile Legislation to Ban Conversion Therapy on Minors