By: Jill Fox
Through our joint effort with the Broward Sheriff’s Office to share updates to residents, this is a summary of crimes that occurred in Parkland from March 5 through March 12.
6100 block of NW 66th Way
On March 7 between 3:45 a.m. and 3:55 a.m., the victim advised that her vehicle was entered overnight via unlocked doors. The subject(s) opened the trunk, removed a Michael Kors purse, cash, a driver’s license and debit card. The total loss estimated $400. The victim’s home security camera captured two subjects approaching the car, an audible alarm and discovered the burglary.
5800 block of NW 63rd Way
On March 7 between 4:52 a.m. and 10:41 a.m., three unlocked vehicles were burglarized during the early morning hours. Exterior security cameras recorded a subject in a light-colored hooded jacket entering the vehicles.
9800 block of Holmberg Road/NW 62nd Place
On March 7 between 11:52 a.m. and 1:19 p.m., a man was seen driving slowly through the Barkland dog park, but he did not stop and exited the area. The sergeant located the suspect vehicle and initiated a traffic stop, as he failed to maintain a single lane and was not wearing his seat belt. Upon making contact, the strong odor of cannabis detected. Post miranda, he admitted to the possession of cannabis. A vehicle inventory revealed a window-punch, which he later confessed to intending to use to break into a car at Barkland.
6053 block of NW 63rd Way
On March 7 between 7:10 p.m. and 7:12 p.m., multiple unlocked vehicles in a driveway were gone through. No items of value were missing, and no prints of value were obtained. Surveillance cameras captured the time stamp of the occurrence, with no visible suspects, due to play back problems.
Westglades Middle School
On March 6 at 2:52 p.m., deputies arrested a juvenile, following a report by school faculty of the subject observed in possession of a vape pen against school policy. At the request of the school faculty, the brownish/clear oil in the vape pen was field tested and found to be positive for THC.
- Jill Fox is an Emmy Award-winning writer and producer. She has worked on the public relations side as well as the television side of marketing for NBC Universal. A true Floridian, Fox grew up in Ormond Beach and earned her Bachelor’s Degree in Economics and Advertising from the University of Miami. During college, Fox enjoyed working at Walt Disney World. She loves living in Parkland with her husband, Brian and their two children, Madden, 10 and Randi, 7.
- News2020.09.24Parkland Teen is Finalist in Nation’s Premier STEM Competition
- News2020.09.24Mayor Votes No on Budget After $1 Million For Pine Tree Estates Is Removed
- News2020.09.22Parkland Cares Awards $125,000 in Grants to Local Mental Health Organizations
- News2020.09.21Parkland Talk Interviews Jordan Isrow and Derek Olivier: Candidates for City Commission District 2