By Jill Fox
City officials are planning for Parkland’s future and they want to hear from the community. Beginning on March 19, the city will hold five public forums open to teens and adults.
“As we start our strategic planning process, we are seeking input from our residents of all age groups to learn their thoughts on current city services and programs and what they would like to see more of in Parkland,” said Mayor Christine Hunschofsky, who will be in attendance.
While other elected officials may attend, Todd DeAngelis, chief communications officer for the city said these are sessions for the residents to be heard. They plan to gather comprehensive information at multiple forums over the course of two days and are hopeful for big turnouts at each one.
March 19 Parkland Teens and Open Forum
The first forum, exclusive to Parkland teenagers, will take place on March 19, from 4 p.m. to 6 p.m. at City Hall at 6600 University Drive. This will be followed by a forum open to Parkland residents of all ages from 6 p.m. to 8 p.m.
March 20 Residents Living East of University Drive
The second session will take place on March 20. open to Parkland residents living east of University Drive, from 5:30 p.m. to 6:30 p.m. at the Tennis Center at Quigley Park at 7901 Parkside Drive.
March 20 Residents Living West of University Drive
The third set of forums, also on March 20 is for Parkland residents living west of University Drive and south of Hillsboro Blvd. from 7 p.m. to 8 p.m., followed by another for Parkland residents living west of University and north of Hillsboro from 8 p.m. to 9 p.m. both at the Parkland Recreational Center at Pine Trails Park 10559 Trails End.
- Jill Fox is an Emmy Award-winning writer and producer. She has worked on the public relations side as well as the television side of marketing for NBC Universal. A true Floridian, Fox grew up in Ormond Beach and now resides in Parkland with her husband, Brian and their two children, Madden, 10 and Randi, 7.
- News2021.01.27City Commission Recognizes Contributions of Parkland Residents
- News2021.01.26Registration Open for Relay for Life 5K Through Jan 31
- News2021.01.25Funds Raised at 4th Annual ‘Run 4 Beigel’ Help Children Attend Summer Camp
- News2021.01.25Childhood Friends Open First Catch Seafood & Grill in Parkland