By: Jill Fox
Through our joint effort with the Broward Sheriff’s Office to share updates to residents, this is a summary of crimes that occurred in Parkland from March 12 through March 18.
10900 block of NW 78th Place – Heron Bay
On March 13 at 8:17 a.m., police responded in reference to a dispute between neighbors over a vicious dog. The owner was verbally abusive and threatened the victim. The subject was possibly intoxicated.
8500 block of Lakeside Drive – MiraLago
On March 14 between 2:40 a.m. and 2:45 a.m., two subjects were captured on surveillance video trying car door handles. One vehicle, which was left unlocked, was entered, and no property was removed from vehicle.
5800 block of NW 81st Terrace
On March 14 between 2:00 p.m. and 2:25 p.m., a vehicle was parked at the entrance of the neighborhood for several minutes. The reporting person approached the vehicle on foot, and the vehicle drove out of the neighborhood. This vehicle has been seen over the past two weeks exhibiting the same actions.
6300 block of NW 74th Terrace
On March 18 at 3:44 a.m., an RV caught fire, which caused two other vehicles to also catch fire. The family was evacuated. The fire department responded, and the fire was contained.
Heron Heights Elementary School
On March 14 at 1:44 p.m., a first grade student hit his or her head on the playground and experienced concussion like symptoms. Coral Springs Parkland Fire Department responded and transported the child to the hospital.
- Jill Fox is an Emmy Award-winning writer and producer. She has worked in public relations and television for over 20 years. Fox lives in Parkland with her husband and their two children.
- Crime & Safety2021.07.30Meet Local School Resource Officers at ‘Parkland Night Out’ Event
- Events2021.07.29Register For Inspiring Professional Women’s Alliance Luncheon Featuring State Rep. Hunschofsky
- Events2021.07.28Parkland Little League Holds Free Pitch, Hit and Run Competition
- News2021.07.28Parkland Awarded $1.5 Million Grant For Future 36-Acre Park