By Jill Fox
Enjoy the spirit of the South Pacific when it comes to Parkland in the form of an authentic Polynesian show.
Residents can participate in an evening of purely Polynesian activities complete with conch shells, fire dancing and listening to music – all while learning to hula dance.
“This event was incredibly well-received last year, and there’s a lot of anticipation for it this time,” said City Spokesperson Todd DeAngelis, who feels that it checks all the boxes: it’s unique, and it fits with the small town feel for which Parkland is known.
He added, “Above all, it’s an opportunity for members of the Parkland community to come together and spend time with one another, the kind of event where you can stand in the middle and say, ‘yeah, this is why I live in Parkland.’”
Mayor Christine Hunschofsky said the event has something for everyone, “A Polynesian night is different as well as fun for the whole family, with music, dancing, and entertainment.”
An Evening in Polynesia will take place on June 8 from 6:30 p.m. to 9:30 p.m. at the Pine Trails Park Amphitheater. The authentic Polynesian experience is free and will have food trucks on hand.
The Pine Trails Park Amphitheater is located at 10555 Trails End.
- Jill Fox is an Emmy Award-winning writer and producer. She has worked on the public relations side as well as the television side of marketing for NBC Universal. A true Floridian, Fox grew up in Ormond Beach and earned her Bachelor’s Degree in Economics and Advertising from the University of Miami. During college, Fox enjoyed working at Walt Disney World. She loves living in Parkland with her husband, Brian and their two children, Madden, 10 and Randi, 7.
- News2020.09.29Marjory Stoneman Douglas Grad Aims to Educate Voters with Nonpartisan Education Platform
- Schools2020.09.28Gina Rose Montalto Memorial Foundation Awards Total of 3 Scholarships
- News2020.09.27Our Interview with the Four Candidates for City Commission District 1
- News2020.09.253 Marjory Stoneman Douglas Students Create Masks with a Meaning