By Claire Cornish
This playgroup-oriented pup is just over a year old and but he has spent much of what should be a fun-filled and exciting first year of life residing at the county shelter.
Maddox’s favorite thing in the world is to play with other dogs, and he is extremely popular among his peers. The shelter staff also employs him to test out other dogs’ temperament too — which speaks very highly of Maddox and the reliability of his demeanor around other animals. He loves the water, likes to splash in the pool, and understands popular dog/human games such as tug and fetch.
Maddox is rather wary of strangers, which is understandable because strangers have not been very kind to this sweet young man for most of his life. Once you are familiar with him, he blossoms and blooms, with lots of smiles and excited, happy glances up at you as he walks by your side.
He likes to walk on his leash, and he does very well, even if he looks up at the person walking him more than the road in front of him most of the time.
To see this charming pup growing up in the shelter and not in a loving family home is heartbreaking; will you be the one to bring Maddox his Christmas miracle?
Maddox is seeking a patient adopter who understands that he might get nervous sometimes but that he is also full of love to give. If you can’t adopt at this time, Maddox is also eligible to be fostered through the shelter or through one of the rescue groups who are interested in taking him in.
Maddox is currently living at Broward County Animal Care and Adoption, located at 2400 SW 42nd Street Fort Lauderdale. The shelter is open Tuesday through Sunday from 11:00 am to 6:00 pm (closed on Mondays.)
If you would like to meet Maddox, please email email@example.com to arrange a meeting. Maddox’s ID number is A2068857.
Send your news to Parkland’s #1 news source, Parkland Talk.
- Claire Cornish is a freelance writer, half marathon runner, and volunteer at Broward County Animal Care & Adoption. She is the proud mom of Callie the Labrador and a proud sister of Simon the Labrador mix.
- News2021.05.03Wonderful, Affectionate American Bulldog Keeps Getting Overlooked at Shelter
- News2021.04.22This Young German Shepherd Would Love To Spend His Life With You
- News2021.04.07Adopted During Lockdown, His Owners Gave Him Up When They Went Back to Work
- News2021.03.21Adoption Alert: This Bundle of Loveliness Patiently Waits for Her Forever Home