By: Jill Fox
Runners prepare: it’s time to register for the annual Parkland Dash.
Registration is now open for the event taking place on Sunday, October 13 at Pine Trails Park.
“It’s a great way to participate in a city event, be out there, exercise and meet your friends and neighbors,” said City Commissioner Bob Mayersohn, who took part in last year’s dash.
He said it’s not a matter of how fast you go; it just gives you a chance to be out there and enjoy what the city has to offer.
Participants have until October 12 to choose from a certified 5K course, 5-Mile course, or a family-friendly 1-mile fun run/walk. Cost is $30 for an individual, $70 for a group, and just $15 for the 1-mile course. The first 500 registered participants will receive a complimentary Parkland Dash t-shirt.
The event will begin at 7:00 a.m. with check-in taking place from 6:00 – 6:30 am. Food will be available following the races, and awards will be given for overall winners, masters, and individual age groups.
Strollers are welcome for all courses.
Last year, proceeds went to the five Broward County Public Schools in Parkland. This year’s event will support the Arthritis Foundation.
Packet pick up will take place at Coral Springs Runners Depot at 5679 Coral Ridge Drive on Friday, October 11 from 2:00 p.m. to 6:00 p.m. and Saturday, October 12 from 11:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. Register at www.cityofparkland.org.
Pine Trails Park is located at 10555 Trails End.
- Jill Fox is an Emmy Award-winning writer and producer. She has worked on the public relations side as well as the television side of marketing for NBC Universal. A true Floridian, Fox grew up in Ormond Beach and now resides in Parkland with her husband, Brian and their two children, Madden, 10 and Randi, 7.
- News2021.01.14Parkland Resident Donates $20,000 To Chabad Playground Honoring Alyssa Alhadeff
- News2021.01.12Student-Led Organization ‘People of Change’ Promotes Racial Equality
- News2021.01.12Congregation Kol Tikvah Holds Virtual Comedy Night with Amazing Vacation Auctions Jan 30
- News2021.01.11State Rep Christine Hunschofsky Launches High School Internship Program