By Sharon Aron Baron
Experience an un-fore-getable time teeing off to fight cancer.
The American Cancer Society Relay For Life of Parkland, Coral Springs, Margate, and Coconut Creek is holding their first annual “Swing Fore A Cure” Golf Event on Saturday, May 22, 2021, at The Country Club of Coral Springs.
“The American Cancer Society’s mission matters more than ever,” said Event Lead Chris Fletcher.
After being diagnosed with Stage 4 Hodgkin’s Lymphoma in 2019, he has been cancer-free for over a year.
“Cancer patients still need support during this crisis,” he said. “Funds raised help the American Cancer Society to continue with cancer research, the 24/7 helpline, and for continuing services to get patients the care and support they need where we can.”
Register to play by May 1 at www.swingforeacure.com. Included are a round of golf, lunch, games on the course, and great raffle prizes.
A foursome is $600, and an individual is $150. Registration begins at 11:30 a.m., followed by a boxed lunch and a putting contest, and then a shotgun start at 1:00 p.m.
The winner of the putting contest will receive a 7-night resort stay package. The longest drive and closest to the pin will receive 2 VIP tickets to a sporting event of their choice.
Hole-in-one prizes include $10,000, a Yeti Tundra 75 hard cooler, Scotty Cameron putter, and an Apple iPad.
Raffle prizes will include a shot for $1 million, and 4 people will take a shot for $100,000. To sponsor the event, contact email@example.com by April 1.
Send your news to Parkland’s #1 news source, Parkland Talk.
- Sharon Aron Baron is a Parkland resident and editor of Talk Media. She has been covering Parkland news since 2012. Parkland Talk was created to provide News, Views, and Entertainment for the residents of Parkland.
- News2021.04.08Gov Demands End to Cruise No-Sail Order: Announces Lawsuit against Federal Government, CDC
- News2021.04.07Parkland Crime Update Through April 5
- News2021.04.065th Annual Orchid and Plant Festival Held at the Sawgrass Nature Center in Coral Springs
- News2021.04.06Rep. Ted Deutch on the Death of Alcee Hastings: ‘I’m Heartbroken at the Passing of my Dear Friend’