By Kevin Deutsch
Christopher Darius, a 2021 graduate of Marjory Stoneman Douglas High School and a former varsity football player for the Eagles, was killed in a car accident Friday, according to a GoFundMe fundraiser launched for his family.
The school’s football program also confirmed Darius’ death on their Twitter page.
Our ❤️ and 🙏🏼 going out to the family & friends of Our MSD 🦅 2021 graduate for the tragic loss of Chris Darius pic.twitter.com/8ERsiQdV3W
— Stoneman Douglas Football (@MSDEagles) August 9, 2021
“For those who knew him, they would describe [Darius] to be an enthusiastic young man with a bright future ahead,” wrote the fundraiser’s organizer, Joy Bernadotte. “His favorite things were: spending time with his loved ones and being on the field playing his favorite game…football. We all were looking forward to the things that he would have accomplished. Unfortunately, it was all taken away in one night.”
“On Friday, August 6, 2021, Christopher was in a car accident that tragically ended his life,” according to the fundraiser page. “This was unexpected and has left the whole family devastated.
This tragic accident that took away Chris’s life caused a void in the family that will never be filled. We have received many requests from several people wanting to help by donating.”
The page had raised $5,338 toward its $30,000 goal as of Tuesday afternoon.
Send your news to Parkland’s #1 news source, Parkland Talk.
- Kevin Deutsch is an award-winning crime journalist and author. A graduate of Florida International University, Kevin has worked on staff at The Miami Herald, New York Daily News, and The Palm Beach Post.
- NewsDecember 4, 2023Church Banner Removed From Marjory Stoneman Douglas After Activist Sought ‘Satanology’ Ad
- NewsDecember 3, 2023Gallop into Adventure at Spitfire Farm’s Winter Break Equestrian Camps
- NewsNovember 15, 2023Gallop into Adventure at Spitfire Farm’s Thanksgiving and Winter Break Equestrian Camps
- NewsNovember 14, 2023Broward County School Board Reelects Alhadeff and Hixon as Chair, Vice Chair