By: Sharon Aron Baron
A 59-year-old man from Sunrise was killed after his car drifted into the oncoming lane of traffic on Loxahatchee Road in Parkland.
Just before 8:30 a.m. on Thursday, Francis O’Brien, 59, of Sunrise was traveling eastbound in a Ford F-150 on Loxahatchee Road approaching the 11900 block. Simultaneously, Gerardo Landero, 44, of Miami was driving a 1995 Ford Aeromax L-9000, with passengers Luis Humberto-Rivera, 31, and Jorge Noel, 37, westbound on Loxahatchee Rd.
O’Brien’s F-150 drifted into the westbound lane and collided with the driver side front of Landero’s truck within the westbound lane in an offset head-on collision.
After the initial impact, O’Brien’s truck rotated counterclockwise and came to rest on the south side of the road.
Landero continued west, traveled across the eastbound lane and struck the guardrail along the south side of the roadway. The weight of the Ford Aeromax caused it to roll onto its driver side.
O’Brien died on scene. Landero, Humberto-Rivera and Noel were transported to Broward Health North and later transferred to Jackson Hospital in Miami.
Broward Sheriff’s Office Traffic Homicide Investigations Unit detectives are continuing to investigate.
- Sharon Aron Baron is a Parkland resident and editor of Talk Media. She has been covering Parkland news since 2012. Parkland Talk was created to provide News, Views, and Entertainment for the residents of Parkland.
- News2022.01.20Next Parkland Farmers’ Market Features Public Safety and 90 Vendors
- News2022.01.19Sheriff Tony Attends Parkland’s MLK Day Celebration
- News2022.01.17New Site for Monoclonal Antibody Treatments Opening at Markham Park
- News2022.01.16Winner Chosen for 4 Free Tickets to ‘World’s Largest Bounce House’ in Boca Raton