By: Sharon Aron Baron
A 59-year-old man from Sunrise was killed after his car drifted into the oncoming lane of traffic on Loxahatchee Road in Parkland.
Just before 8:30 a.m. on Thursday, Francis O’Brien, 59, of Sunrise was traveling eastbound in a Ford F-150 on Loxahatchee Road approaching the 11900 block. Simultaneously, Gerardo Landero, 44, of Miami was driving a 1995 Ford Aeromax L-9000, with passengers Luis Humberto-Rivera, 31, and Jorge Noel, 37, westbound on Loxahatchee Rd.
O’Brien’s F-150 drifted into the westbound lane and collided with the driver side front of Landero’s truck within the westbound lane in an offset head-on collision.
After the initial impact, O’Brien’s truck rotated counterclockwise and came to rest on the south side of the road.
Landero continued west, traveled across the eastbound lane and struck the guardrail along the south side of the roadway. The weight of the Ford Aeromax caused it to roll onto its driver side.
O’Brien died on scene. Landero, Humberto-Rivera and Noel were transported to Broward Health North and later transferred to Jackson Hospital in Miami.
Broward Sheriff’s Office Traffic Homicide Investigations Unit detectives are continuing to investigate.
- Sharon Aron Baron is a Parkland resident and editor of Talk Media. she has been covering Parkland news since 2012. Parkland Talk was created to provide News, Views, and Entertainment for the residents of Parkland.
- Crime & Safety2020.09.26Parkland Crime Update Through September 21
- Events2020.09.25Celebrating 50 Years of Fire Service with Drive-in Movie Event
- Events2020.09.23Clear Space by Safety Disposing Hazardous Waste October 3
- News2020.09.21Parkland Mayor Hunschofsky Elected to Florida State House after Challenger Drops Out