By: Jill Fox
Attend “Sole Design” and support In Jacob’s Shoes, a local charity providing new and gently used shoes, backpacks, school supplies and athletic gear for children in need.
Their motto, “The right pair of shoes can change a child’s life,” has provided over 120,000 pairs of new and refurbished shoes and 7,500 filled backpacks to children living in Broward, Palm Beach and Miami-Dade Counties.
Formed in honor of Jacob S. Zweig, who was tragically killed in 2008 at the age of 17, Jacob enjoyed volunteering and inspired many people in his short life. To honor Jacob’s legacy, his family and friends wanted to support local organizations and continue Jacob’s way of treating others with dignity and inclusion. In Jacob’s Shoes strives to make a difference in the lives of others.
Held at Allied Kitchen & Bath Design Center, Jacob’s mother Harlene Zweig, who is also the president of the organization, said she is thrilled they were holding the fundraiser for them.
According to Pam Moskowitz, Vice President of Business Development for Allied Kitchen and Bath, Allied is really looking forward to hosting the In Jacob’s Shoes supporters with a fun, casual evening. Giving back and paying it forward is the culture at Allied that began with co-owners Bill and Parkland resident Joe Feinberg 35-years ago, and this is just one of their events which falls under that umbrella.
The fun-filled evening, costs $25 per person and will include food, wine and raffles – including a pit bike donated by Power and Play Motor Sports.
“The staff at Allied all voluntarily donated their time to help with the event. We have really created a culture where our staff likes giving back,” said Moskowitz.
This is the first time that In Jacob’s Shoes has partnered with Allied, and Zweig is looking forward to a lovely evening, where 100 percent of the proceeds will benefit the organization.
“We are so grateful for what Allied is doing,” said Zweig. “The funds raised will go toward our operations, which include purchasing new shoes and backpacks and restoring and refurbishing gently used ones.”
Sole Design will take place on Wednesday, December 5 from 6 p.m. to 8 p.m. at Allied Kitchen & Bath Design Center 3484 NE 12th Avenue Oakland Park, FL. To purchase tickets to the event go to: Sole Design. For more information on In Jacob’s Shoes, visit www.injacobsshoes.org.
- Jill Fox is an Emmy Award-winning writer and producer. She has worked on the public relations side as well as the television side of marketing for NBC Universal. A true Floridian, Fox grew up in Ormond Beach and earned her Bachelor’s Degree in Economics and Advertising from the University of Miami. During college, Fox enjoyed working at Walt Disney World. She loves living in Parkland with her husband, Brian and their two children, Madden, 10 and Randi, 7.
- News2020.09.27Our Interview with the Four Candidates for City Commission District 1
- News2020.09.253 Marjory Stoneman Douglas Students Create Masks with a Meaning
- News2020.09.25BSO Units Arrest 4 Suspects after Parkland Car Burglary
- News2020.09.25Parkland Farmers’ Market Returns November 1 with ‘Drive Thru’ Format