By: Sharon Aron Baron
Located in Tuscaloosa, Alabama, the University of Alabama has attracted Parkland, Florida residents to their campus.
Founded in 1831 as the state’s first public college, the university is also well-known for their Crimson Tide teams.
Over 38,000 students are enrolled at the University of Alabama and in the fall of 2019, the school had a total of 12,050 students named to the dean’s list with an academic record of 3.5 or above, or the president’s list with an academic record of 4.0 — which are all A’s.
Parkland students named to the president’s list:
Sarah Nicole Shield
Mollie Shaina Weinstein
Parkland students named to the dean’s list:
Keegan Matthew Hinsley
Molly Kathryn Reichard
Garret Morgan Rukes
Makenzie R Tokes
Sophie Madeline Weinstein
Congratulations to all the students.
- Sharon Aron Baron is a Parkland resident and editor of Talk Media. She has been covering Parkland news since 2012. Parkland Talk was created to provide News, Views, and Entertainment for the residents of Parkland.
- News2021.07.19Marjory Stoneman Douglas Eagle Regiment Holds Car Wash Fundraiser
- News2021.07.13North Springs Improvement District Drinking Water Undergoing Routine Chlorination July 15
- News2021.07.12Parkland BSO Holds Shred-A-Thon and Operation Medicine Cabinet July 31
- News2021.07.03Hazardous Waste Drop-off Held in Parkland on July 10