By: Jill Fox
After much uncertainty and disappointment, Marjory Stoneman Douglas High School Seniors will be recognized with a “parade of graduates.”
Taking place on Saturday, June 6 at 9:00 a.m., this special event will be complete with caps and gowns, decorated vehicles, city officials, and of course, a few surprises.
“As the mayor of Parkland, I felt strongly that we needed to do something special to recognize and celebrate all the MSD students,” said Parkland Mayor Christine Hunschofsky.
- Vehicles will exit North Community Park via Pine Island Road
- Travel north on Pine Island Road
- Turn left (west) on Holmberg Road
- U-Turn via the roundabout by Westglades Middle School
- East on Holmberg Road
- Turn right (south) on Pine Island Road
- The route ends as vehicles pass MSD
- Vehicles will exit the parade route via south Pine Island Road or Westview Drive (east or west)
- Holmberg Road will be closed from just west of the traffic circle by Westglades Middle School to just east of Pine Island Road
- Pine Island Road will be closed from just north of Westview Drive in Coral Springs to just north of Pine Island Road
- Holmberg Road west of University Drive will be for local traffic only
- Pine Island Road south of Trails End will also be for local traffic only
- A short span of Heron Bay Boulevard just north of the traffic circle by Westglades Middle School will be closed
Students and their families are encouraged to decorate their cars for the parade. Participants should park at North Community Park in Coral Springs while awaiting the start. Please enter the park via the Westview Drive entrance beginning at 7:00 a.m. and be directed where to wait.
No one will be permitted out of their vehicles at any time while waiting or during the parade. Participation in the event is by vehicle only, and spectators will not be allowed.
Send your news to Parkland’s #1 News Source Parkland Talk.