By: Jill Fox
For those searching for a way to help the community, and volunteer some time or expertise, look no further. The City of Parkland is currently accepting applications for an open position on the Planning and Zoning Advisory Board.
A Parkland City Advisory Board typically consists of five to nine citizens who provide assistance to the city commission.
“Through serving on our advisory boards, residents have an opportunity to research, deliberate and advise the city commission on municipal policies and issues,” said Mayor Hunschofsky.
The main goal of this particular board is to provide insight on city matters, such as site plans and the potential rezoning of property.
Todd DeAngelis, spokesman for the city of Parkland, explained the Advisory Board provides recommendations that are not only well thought out, but also consider the residents’ perspectives.
Candidates for this position should be Parkland residents who care about the city and can sift through details of architectural plans, maps, proposals and combine them into cohesive recommendations.
According to DeAngelis, the backgrounds of board members vary greatly, and there is no one career path best suited for the position.
“Over the years, we have had lawyers, contractors, landscapers, and real estate agents. The diversity of backgrounds results in a well-rounded recommendation to the Commission,” he said.
Interested candidates should apply here.
- Jill Fox is an Emmy Award-winning writer and producer. She has worked on the public relations side as well as the television side of marketing for NBC Universal. A true Floridian, Fox grew up in Ormond Beach and earned her Bachelor’s Degree in Economics and Advertising from the University of Miami. During college, Fox enjoyed working at Walt Disney World. She loves living in Parkland with her husband, Brian and their two children, Madden, 10 and Randi, 7.
- News2020.09.174 Parkland Schools Make the Grade for Community Engagement in Education
- Events2020.09.15Parkland Synagogues Prepare for A Virtual New Year
- News2020.09.15Pap Corps Raises Almost $30,000 for Cancer Research
- News2020.09.15Parkland Talk Interviews Robert Brannen and Bob Mayersohn: Candidates for City Commissioner District 4