By: Matt Rothman
Baseball camp in Parkland is now open for registration for all kids between the ages of 6-13.
Sponsored by Athletic Republic in conjunction with the City of Parkland, the camp starts June 12 and runs through August 11, from 9 a.m. to 2 p.m each day. There will be no camp the week of July 4.
Led by experienced coaches as well as college baseball players and former Kingsport Mets player Sean Ferrell, they will playing at a state-of the-art facility, including an indoor facility in case of rain.
Campers will practice all skills with coaches, regardless of the level they are currently at.
Campers encouraged to bring their own lunch. Water will be provided to stay hydrated throughout the day.
Cost is $175 per week, or $50 per day. Sign up at the Parkland Recreational Center at 10561 Trails End, Parkland, FL 33076 or call 786-493-9609.
- Matt Rothman is a 2018 graduate from Florida Gulf Coast University receiving his bachelor degree in journalism. Originally from Long Island, he moved to Parkland shortly after high school. Matt worked as the assistant sports editor for his school paper, eaglenews.com in college becoming just one of nine students in his graduating class to serve over 1,000 community service hours. His goal is to travel to every Major League Baseball stadium and has been to multiple US Open finals. He hopes to one day to be a beat writer for a professional team.
- News2019.05.26Parkland Community Holds First-Ever Carnival Spectacular
- News2019.05.15Costly Miscue From Cypress Bay Propels Marjory Stoneman Douglas to Improbable Win
- News2019.05.10Marjory Stoneman Douglas Baseball Wins Seventh Straight District Title
- News2019.05.07New Parkland Youth Softball League Excels in Their First Year