By Jill Fox
A well-known Parkland restaurant was shut down on October 29 after a failed food safety inspection.
According to WPLG Local 10, Inspectors with the Florida Department of Business and Professional Regulation ordered Blue Agave restaurant closed after finding violations, including:
Rodent activity present as evidenced by rodent droppings found. The inspector observed over 50 rodent droppings on the shelf inside the dry storage room where the pots and pans are stored. The inspector observed over 15 rodent droppings on the lid of a container where tortillas are stored.
Blue Agave opened in the Waterways Shoppes at Parkland in 2014. The authentic Mexican restaurant offers a wide array of authentic Mexican dishes for lunch and diner.
Restaurant manager, Leno Arceo, who has been with Blue Agave since their opening, said they have never received a violation for rodent droppings, nor have they ever been shut down before.
“We had an infestation problem in the past, and the inspector must have found something old in the corner of the storage area,” he said.
The inspection report also mentioned violations about time and temperature control for food safety.
Arceo apologized and explained they were only closed for the afternoon, and reopened right away the next morning.
Blue Agave is located at 7619 North State Road 7 in Parkland and is open Monday through Saturday from 11:00 a.m. to 10 p.m., and Sundays from 11:00 a.m. to 9 p.m.
Send your news to Parkland’s #1 News Source, Parkland Talk.
- Jill Fox is an Emmy Award-winning writer and producer. She has worked in public relations and television for over 20 years. Fox lives in Parkland with her husband and their two children.
- NewsNovember 25, 2023Celebrate Hanukkah with Mah Jongg, Latkes, and Vodka for a Good Cause
- NewsNovember 13, 2023Annual Pink Challah Bake and Mah Jongg Night to Benefit Jewish Women’s Health
- NewsJanuary 21, 2023Early Childhood Center Celebrates 20 Years in Parkland
- NewsJanuary 20, 2023Parkland Wiffle Ball Tournament Raises Money for Pediatric Cancer