By Jill Fox
There’s a fresh face around the Broward Sheriff’s Office’s Parkland district — a new Lieutenant.
Lt. Jonathan Brown, 46, came from the Criminal Investigation unit of BSO, where he worked in homicide violent crimes, to become Captain Mulligan’s number two.
His role is to run the district’s day-to-day operations, manage road patrol, the detectives, the motor unit, and community affairs.
Lt. Brown chose the Parkland district to broaden his career opportunities.
“The benefit is once you get the experience, you are able to work as a captain, and I want to make myself available to eventually be a district captain,” he said.
He and his wife, Beth, have lived in Deerfield Beach for 20 years. Their son, John Jr., 21, is a Marine stationed overseas.
Although Lt. Brown has only been in Parkland for about a week, he has worked with BSO for 20 years — most recently at the regional headquarters in Fort Lauderdale.
Originally from a small area near Youngstown, Ohio, Lt. Brown is familiar with a small-town feel and missed the community connection.
“I’ve been in regional for 18 years, and it’s so large, it’s hard to build relationships within the city,” he said.
Mulligan is just as excited to be working with Lt. Brown.
“He has an enormous amount of experience, and we’re very fortunate to have him join the district,” he said.
Expect to see Lt. Brown at community events around Parkland, like the Farmers’ Market.
He’s swapped homicide scenes for flick or treat and said he’s excited to be here.
“I’m looking forward to bringing BSO closer to the city and its citizens and to bridging the gap.
Send your news to Parkland’s #1 News Source, Parkland Talk.
- Jill Fox is an Emmy Award-winning writer and producer. She has worked in public relations and television for over 20 years. Fox lives in Parkland with her husband and their two children.
- News2021.06.18Parkland Commission Postpones Discussion of New Craft Brewery
- News2021.06.16Parkland BSO Captain Chris Mulligan Announces His Retirement
- News2021.06.16Parkland Teens: Volunteer and Earn Service Hours This Summer
- News2021.06.13Mah Jongg Players Meet For 2 Summer Gatherings At Family Bagels