By: Sharon Aron Baron
In an effort to enable more patients to be tested for COVID-19, and reduce the risk of community spread, Broward Health will open a mobile testing unit at Central Broward Park & Broward County Stadium Wednesday, April 8.
The mobile testing site, located at 3700 N.W. 11th Place, Lauderhill, Florida, will require registered patients to drive through the park to be swabbed for COVID-19 from their cars.
To be tested, patients must pre-register for scheduled appointment times. No walkups or drive-ups can be screened or tested. To schedule a time to be tested, patients must have a written script from a physician and then call the Broward Health line at (954) 320-5730 to register.
If patients do not have a primary care physician and need assistance, they can access Broward Health’s new BHealthy Now app that enables a patient to obtain a virtual health screening from a board-certified physician without leaving home. Physicians on call will screen patients, assign risk, answer questions and recommend the next steps, such as prescribing a COVID-19 screening.
To register for a BHealthy Now virtual COVID-19 screening, visit BrowardHealth.org/COVIDApp for instructions on how to download the app and connect with physicians. The app can also be downloaded directly from the app store by searching for “Amwell”. To find the Broward Health COVID practice, enter the service key “BROWARD” during or after enrollment.
Photo ID, the written prescription for COVID-19 testing and registration are required at the mobile testing site to be swabbed and tested. Test results will be sent to the prescribing physician, who will then alert the patient of their status.
- Sharon Aron Baron is a Parkland resident and editor of Talk Media. She has been covering Parkland news since 2012. Parkland Talk was created to provide News, Views, and Entertainment for the residents of Parkland.
- News2021.10.19Orange Ribbons for Jaime Holds 2nd Annual Nationwide ‘Dance-A-Thon’ Fundraiser
- News2021.10.03Not My Daughter…Find a Cure Now! Holds 2nd Annual Telethon
- News2021.09.28Orange Ribbons for Jaime Launches 2nd Annual Nationwide ‘Dance-A-Thon’ Fundraiser
- News2021.09.27Heron Bay Board Holds Town Forum on Golf Course Development