By Sharon Aron Baron
On Wednesday, Broward Health, Memorial Healthcare System, and CITY Furniture teamed up to donate medical and surgical supplies to Global Surgical and Medical Support Group, a South Florida non-profit currently on the ground in Ukraine.
The 16 pallets of much-needed medical supplies, including orthopedic devices, PPE, and catheters, were loaded into a container at CITY Furniture’s Tamarac office and transported to Poland before being distributed to hospitals and clinics in Ukraine.
The shipment, valued at more than $100,000, is scheduled to arrive in early August.
Global Surgical and Medical Support Group is a 501c3 non-profit organization comprised of more than 1,500 medical professionals and U.S. Special Operations Forces veterans. The physician-led organization provides the highest level of surgical and acute trauma care training in conflict zones and austere settings around the globe.
“Global Surgical and Medical Support Group has been providing these urgent care services on the ground inside Ukraine since the beginning of the war,” said Dr. David Epstein, a member of the non-profit’s executive leadership team and a physician with Memorial Healthcare System. “We have no doubt that this collaboration will make a tremendous difference.”
Broward Health Foundation provided additional medical equipment and PPE donations, Audie Rolnick, M.D., of the Orthopaedic Center of South Florida, and Broward Health physicians Sunil Kumar, M.D., and Joel Rush, D.O.
CITY Furniture donated the shipping container and will handle all logistically needs to ensure its safe transport overseas.
- Sharon Aron Baron is a Parkland resident and editor of Talk Media. She has been covering Parkland news since 2012. Parkland Talk was created to provide News, Views, and Entertainment for the residents of Parkland.
- News2023.02.02Parkland Man Arrested for Allegedly Abusing and Neglecting Infant, Causing Serious Injuries
- News2023.01.31Parkland Farmers’ Market Includes a Pet Expo With over 100 Vendors
- News2023.01.28Mah Jongg Tournament Raises Awareness For Women’s Heart Health
- News2023.01.26Parkland Holds Commemoration Ceremony for Marjory Stoneman Douglas Community on Feb. 14