By Sharon Aron Baron
Get in your car and join your neighbors in a fun, drive-in movie event when the Coral Springs-Parkland Fire Department features “Playing with Fire” starring John Cena.
Parkland residents are invited to the socially distanced celebration on October 10 to honor CSFD 50 Years of Service to the community.
The feature film is rated PG. Special guests from the Fire Rescue team will showcase vehicles and hand out gifts to attendees.
Alcohol and pets are prohibited, except for service animals. Concessions will be available onsite. Residents will be able to order from their car through a touchless system, credit cards only. Snacks ordered will be delivered directly to your vehicle. A portion of the proceeds will go to the Coral Springs Professional Firefighters Benevolent Association, a non-profit organization since 2000, providing support and services internally to community members through their own contributions.
Facial coverings are required when walking to and utilizing restrooms. RVs, buses, motorcycles, bicycles, and walk-ups are prohibited. Oversized vehicles will be assigned to an area not to obstruct the view of the screen. There are no exceptions to the parking policy. Movie audio will be broadcasted through an FM Radio station, which will be provided upon entry.
Residents must pre-register beginning October 2 on Eventbrite, one ticket per vehicle. Due to limited space- tickets are non-transferable, and IDs will be checked before entry. Gates open at 6 p.m., pre-show 7 p.m., the movie begins at 7:30 p.m. Parking is assigned by event staff upon arrival and entry.
Held at Tom Messenheimer Special Event Field at the Sportsplex (2575 Sportsplex Drive) in Coral Springs. All vehicles will enter from Royal Palm Boulevard. Following distancing guidelines, attendees are asked to remain in their vehicle, except for using restrooms. Portable restrooms will be available onsite and sanitized between use.
Send your news to Parkland’s #1 News Source, Parkland Talk.
- Sharon Aron Baron is a Parkland resident and editor of Talk Media. She has been covering Parkland news since 2012. Parkland Talk was created to provide News, Views, and Entertainment for the residents of Parkland.
- News2021.05.12Parkland Parents Weigh in on COVID-19 Vaccinations for Kids
- News2021.05.09Slots Still Open at Relay For Life ‘Swing Fore A Cure’ Golf Tournament on May 22
- News2021.05.07Suspects Burglarize 7 Vehicles in This Week’s Crime Update in Parkland
- News2021.05.05Parkland Vice Mayor Mayersohn Elected to Serve on Florida League of Cities Board of Directors