By Jill Fox
At the commission meeting on Wednesday, Anthony C. Soroka was appointed to serve as the new city attorney for Parkland after Andrew Maurodis previously announced he would be resigning at the end of the year.
No stranger to the chambers, Soroka has been working with Maurodis as the assistant city attorney since May 2017. He also acts as the city attorney for Deerfield Beach and the assistant city attorney in Weston.
A local government attorney and partner at the law firm of Weiss, Serota, Helfman, Cole & Bierman, Soroka grew up in Broward County and graduated from the University of Miami School of Law in 2007. He is married to Jaclyn, a family lawyer, and has a three-and-a-half-year-old daughter, McKenzie.
Soroka has been practicing for 13 years, representing several cities and feels every day is a new challenge. He said, with the current city attorney resigning at the end of the year, there are big shoes to fill, and he is grateful for Maurodis’ recommendation.
He is looking forward to serving the city and the commissioners and helping them accomplish their present and future goals.
Soroka said, “It will be my honor to serve Parkland.”
His new position will take effect on January 1.
Send your news to Parkland’s #1 News Source Parkland Talk.
- Jill Fox is an Emmy Award-winning writer and producer. She has worked in public relations and television for over 20 years. Fox lives in Parkland with her husband and their two children.
- Crime & Safety2021.07.30Meet Local School Resource Officers at ‘Parkland Night Out’ Event
- Events2021.07.29Register For Inspiring Professional Women’s Alliance Luncheon Featuring State Rep. Hunschofsky
- Events2021.07.28Parkland Little League Holds Free Pitch, Hit and Run Competition
- News2021.07.28Parkland Awarded $1.5 Million Grant For Future 36-Acre Park