By Jill Fox
At the commission meeting on Wednesday, Anthony C. Soroka was appointed to serve as the new city attorney for Parkland after Andrew Maurodis previously announced he would be resigning at the end of the year.
No stranger to the chambers, Soroka has been working with Maurodis as the assistant city attorney since May 2017. He also acts as the city attorney for Deerfield Beach and the assistant city attorney in Weston.
A local government attorney and partner at the law firm of Weiss, Serota, Helfman, Cole & Bierman, Soroka grew up in Broward County and graduated from the University of Miami School of Law in 2007. He is married to Jaclyn, a family lawyer, and has a three-and-a-half-year-old daughter, McKenzie.
Soroka has been practicing for 13 years, representing several cities and feels every day is a new challenge. He said, with the current city attorney resigning at the end of the year, there are big shoes to fill, and he is grateful for Maurodis’ recommendation.
He is looking forward to serving the city and the commissioners and helping them accomplish their present and future goals.
Soroka said, “It will be my honor to serve Parkland.”
His new position will take effect on January 1.
Send your news to Parkland’s #1 News Source Parkland Talk.
- Jill Fox is an Emmy Award-winning writer and producer. She has worked on the public relations side as well as the television side of marketing for NBC Universal. A true Floridian, Fox grew up in Ormond Beach and now resides in Parkland with her husband, Brian and their two children, Madden, 10 and Randi, 7.
- News2021.01.25Funds Raised at 4th Annual ‘Run 4 Beigel’ Help Children Attend Summer Camp
- News2021.01.25Childhood Friends Open First Catch Seafood & Grill in Parkland
- News2021.01.24Congregation Kol Tikvah in Parkland Holds Virtual Comedy Jan 30
- News2021.01.22Parkland’s Los Bocados Moving to New Location