By Sharon Aron Baron
Authorities are investigating a deputy-involved shooting that left a Parkland man dead on Thursday night.
The Broward Sheriff’s Office received a call about a man armed with a knife, cutting himself and waving the knife around inside the Ross Dress for Less store at 7300 West McNab Road in North Lauderdale.
When the first responding deputy arrived on the scene, he encountered the suspect, later identified as Jeffrey Sacks, 26, of Parkland, outside of the store.
Sacks was armed with a knife and was making threats to harm himself and the deputy. The deputy attempted to de-escalate the situation by communicating to Sacks to put down the knife and attempting to back away from him.
According to BSO, Sacks refused to comply and continued to charge toward the deputy, prompting the deputy to discharge his weapon.
North Lauderdale Fire Rescue responded to the scene and transported Sacks to Broward Health Medical Center, where he was pronounced deceased. His family has been notified at this time.
Send your news to Parkland’s #1 news source, Parkland Talk.
- Sharon Aron Baron is a Parkland resident and editor of Talk Media. She has been covering Parkland news since 2012. Parkland Talk was created to provide News, Views, and Entertainment for the residents of Parkland.
- News2022.01.19Sheriff Tony Attends Parkland’s MLK Day Celebration
- News2022.01.17New Site for Monoclonal Antibody Treatments Opening at Markham Park
- News2022.01.16Winner Chosen for 4 Free Tickets to ‘World’s Largest Bounce House’ in Boca Raton
- News2022.01.16Pets of the Week: Sheba and Bucky Are Ready to Meet a New Family