By: Jill Fox
Get ready to be blown away. For women who love the look of their hair being perfectly coifed and hate doing it themselves, they can now treat themselves to Coral Springs newest blow dry bar.
GlamBar, which opened on July 18, was created by Erin Martin, who felt there was a need for this type of salon in the Parkland and Coral Springs area which offered both blowouts and makeup applications.
“A lot of us are working moms or caring for the household, and I, for one always feel better with a blow dry, and there was nothing out here like this,” said Erin.
Erin’s experience as a makeup artist and photographer specializing in women’s glamour contributed to her vision, but it was advice from her assistant, Grace, now GlamBar’s head educator, who first gave her the idea to open the blow dry bar. After doing some market research, they found that the need was there.
Erin said it all happened fast, and location was everything. With so many new homes being built in Parkland, and so many already there, she wanted to be located as west as possible. When 1,200 square feet of space opened up in in the Shoppes of Heron Lakes next to LA Fitness, she felt like it was meant to be.
“The landlords were willing to take a chance on a non-established business, and that was another big hurdle that fell our way,” she said.
Erin and her husband Phil live in Coral Springs with their four-year-old son and six-year-old daughter. As a family operation, clients will see Phil working at the front desk, along with managing the salon.
Both Erin and Phil own the majority of the business, and Parkland resident Dawn Scott owns a minority stake.
Scott, a CPA, who specializes in start-up businesses, took an interest in GlamBar. Erin said having a third person fill a hole that neither she nor her husband had strength in was nice.
As far as staff goes, Erin said hers is amazing. She was able to be selective because they opened during a slow season, and so far, the response has been great. At full capacity, the salon will have eight hair stylists and two makeup artists. They even have a line of makeup they created for sale and application lessons.
A grand opening party is planned for August 22 at 7 p.m. with makeup demonstrations, dry styling touch-ups, chair massages, giveaways, raffles and more.
“As women, we’re expected to balance a lot, and something’s gotta give,” said Erin, “GlamBar is something that’s convenient, quick, easy to get in and out of for a busy lifestyle, and will help us manage our day to day a little bit better.”
GlamBar is at 5635 North Coral Ridge Drive in Coral Springs and open Monday through Saturday from 8:30 a.m. to 7:00 p.m. and Sunday from 10:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. Clients can book online at GlamBar.com or call 954-688-9837.
- Jill Fox is an Emmy Award-winning writer and producer. She has worked on the public relations side as well as the television side of marketing for NBC Universal. A true Floridian, Fox grew up in Ormond Beach and earned her Bachelor’s Degree in Economics and Advertising from the University of Miami. During college, Fox enjoyed working at Walt Disney World. She loves living in Parkland with her husband, Brian and their two children, Madden, 10 and Randi, 7.
- Crime & Safety2020.10.29Theft, Property Damage, and Burglary This Week in Parkland Crime
- News2020.10.29‘Not My Daughter’ Raises Close to $100,000 for Breast Cancer
- News2020.10.28Halloween Vandals Apologize to Parkland Victims
- News2020.10.27Parkland City Commission Fed Up with Drainage Issues in the Wedge