By: Sharon Aron Baron
As a mark of respect for the victims of the shooting, Florida Governor Ron DeSantis has issued a proclamation directing the flags of the State of Florida to be flown at half-staff.
“On February 14, 2018, a gunman opened fire at Marjory Stoneman Douglas High School in Parkland taking 17 lives, in what will always be remembered as one of the darkest days in our State’s history.”
The order directs all flags at all local and state buildings, installations, and grounds throughout the State of Florida from sunrise to sunset on Friday in honor of: Alyssa Alhadeff, 14; Scott Beigel, 35; Martin Duque, 14; Nicholas Dworet, 17; Aaron Feis, 37; Jaime Guttenberg, 14; Chris Hixon, 49; Luke Hoyer, 15; Cara Loughran, 14; Gina Montalto, 14; Joaquin Oliver, 17; Alaina Petty, 14; Meadow Pollack, 18; Helena Ramsay, 17; Alex Schachter, 14; Carmen Schentrup, 16; and Peter Wang, 15.
- Sharon Aron Baron is a Parkland resident and editor of Talk Media. she has been covering Parkland news since 2012. Parkland Talk was created to provide News, Views, and Entertainment for the residents of Parkland.
- Events2020.09.28Parkland Debates Hosted by the HOA Presidents Council Held Oct 5 & 6
- Crime & Safety2020.09.26Parkland Crime Update Through September 21
- Events2020.09.25Celebrating 50 Years of Fire Service with Drive-in Movie Event
- Events2020.09.23Clear Space by Safety Disposing Hazardous Waste October 3