By: Sharon Aron Baron
Typically reserved for new businesses or a remodel, this time a ribbon-cutting ceremony was celebrating something else: the transfer of ownership of a clubhouse to a homeowner’s association.
On Tuesday, a ribbon cutting was held in Heron Bay at The Commons Clubhouse and Tennis Facility to celebrate the transfer of the property from North Springs Improvement District (NSID) to the Heron Bay Community Association.
The event was attended by Heron Bay Board of Directors, Castle Management, Parkland Mayor Christine Hunschofsky, Vice Mayor Stacy Kagan and Commissioners Ken Cutler and Bob Mayersohn.
The Commons, one of two clubhouses in Heron Bay, was built by WCI Properties in 1997 and NSID held the bond until 2019. With only one bond payment left, the board pre-paid it, and next year residents, who now own the clubhouse under the association, will see a reduction to the water district on their taxes. Operation costs will now be paid through their quarterly HOA assessments beginning January 2019.
According to Board President Neil Vogel, there will be a net reduction in 2019 taxes when you put everything together. “Your maintenance will go up, but not as much as your taxes will go down.”
Transferring the ownership benefits the Heron Bay homeowners by lowering operating costs and adding amenities to residents, making Heron Bay an even more attractive multi-clubhouse community he said.
The Commons Clubhouse is located at 100 Heron Bay Blvd, Coral Springs, FL 33321.
- Sharon Aron Baron is a Parkland resident and editor of Talk Media. She has been covering Parkland news since 2012. Parkland Talk was created to provide News, Views, and Entertainment for the residents of Parkland.
- News2021.01.16FSU College of Medicine Holds Virtual Summer Institute for High School Students
- Events2021.01.15Parkland Honors Martin Luther King Jr. with Special Tribute
- Crime & Safety2021.01.14Parkland Crime Update Through January 11
- News2021.01.13Bill Filed to Rename Conservation Area in Memory of Environmental Champion Kristin Jacob