By Jill Fox
On the last day of school for Parkland students, Heron Heights Elementary held a promotion parade for fifth-grade graduates.
Principal Merideth Weiss-Schnur said the parade was a fabulous way to celebrate the fifth graders in an unprecedented time.
“They worked extremely hard for six years and deserved the morning to celebrate their accomplishments,” she said.
Complete with decorated cars, balloons, and a DJ, the administration, fifth-grade teachers, support staff, specials teachers, and office staff were all present to show their support.
In addition to the graduation parade, Assistant Principal Michelle Griffiths put together a video sharing individual messages for the class of 2020. Best wishes were sent from teachers, administration, and even Parkland Mayor Christine Hunschofsky.
Weiss-Schnur said, “It was an exciting morning and we wish all of our students a happy, healthy, safe summer.”
Send your news to Parkland’s #1 News Source Parkland Talk.
- Jill Fox is an Emmy Award-winning writer and producer. She has worked in public relations and television for over 20 years. Fox lives in Parkland with her husband and their two children.
- News2021.08.04City Selects Lt. Craig Calavetta As New BSO Parkland District Chief
- News2021.08.04Parkland Residents Host First Local Wine And Food Festival
- News2021.08.04Parkland Mah Jongg Players Meet For 2 Summer Gatherings
- News2021.08.03Parkland Principals, Interim Superintendent Address Parents on August 9