By Jill Fox
On the last day of school for Parkland students, Heron Heights Elementary held a promotion parade for fifth-grade graduates.
Principal Merideth Weiss-Schnur said the parade was a fabulous way to celebrate the fifth graders in an unprecedented time.
“They worked extremely hard for six years and deserved the morning to celebrate their accomplishments,” she said.
Complete with decorated cars, balloons, and a DJ, the administration, fifth-grade teachers, support staff, specials teachers, and office staff were all present to show their support.
In addition to the graduation parade, Assistant Principal Michelle Griffiths put together a video sharing individual messages for the class of 2020. Best wishes were sent from teachers, administration, and even Parkland Mayor Christine Hunschofsky.
Weiss-Schnur said, “It was an exciting morning and we wish all of our students a happy, healthy, safe summer.”
Send your news to Parkland’s #1 News Source Parkland Talk.
- Jill Fox is an Emmy Award-winning writer and producer. She has worked on the public relations side as well as the television side of marketing for NBC Universal. A true Floridian, Fox grew up in Ormond Beach and earned her Bachelor’s Degree in Economics and Advertising from the University of Miami. During college, Fox enjoyed working at Walt Disney World. She loves living in Parkland with her husband, Brian and their two children, Madden, 10 and Randi, 6.
- News2020.07.11Parkland Mayor Hunschofsky Endorses Bob Mayersohn for City Commission
- News2020.07.10Nominate Someone for the 2020 Broward Education Foundation Hall of Fame
- News2020.07.10City Hopes to Ease Traffic With New Roundabout in Parkland
- News2020.07.10Parkland Proposes Budget and Millage Rate for 2021