By Jill Fox
With summer starting, and many camps being cancelled, sixteen-year-old Chloe Rudnick had an idea to give moms a much-needed break.
After spending time babysitting, the North Broward Preparatory School sophomore knew she could provide some virtual entertainment for young children.
About a month ago, she started Chloe’s Corner Zoom playgroup for little girls, ages two to six who love to do crafts and play with princesses, as most of them do.
Rudnick said at the beginning, it was just her mom’s friends’ daughters, but with social media promotion, it has grown. Still, she limits each of the themed sessions to only six children.
“It’s actually working much better than I thought,” she said, “They’ve all really enjoyed it.”
From dressing up in costumes to creating personalized crafts, Rudnick keeps the little girls busy for 45 minutes straight. Each playgroup starts with a welcome song, followed by show and tell, a craft, a game or story-time, and lots of giggles.
Themes have included princesses, puppies, unicorns, and Rudnick even plays the piano and sings.
Rudnick said the girls interact much better when they are involved with the theme.
Currently, the playgroup is only for girls, and the location doesn’t matter. She has children from Coconut Creek, Parkland, and as far away as North Carolina joining in. Sessions are held at 10 a.m. and 4 p.m. a few days a week and cost $8 each. For more information, email Chloe at email@example.com.
Send your news to Parkland’s #1 News Source Parkland Talk.
- Jill Fox is an Emmy Award-winning writer and producer. She has worked on the public relations side as well as the television side of marketing for NBC Universal. A true Floridian, Fox grew up in Ormond Beach and now resides in Parkland with her husband, Brian and their two children, Madden, 10 and Randi, 7.
- News2021.01.21Evening Fire Damages Parkland Home in Heron Bay
- News2021.01.21Somerset Parkland Academy Owes Contractors $1.5 Million in Unpaid Bills
- News2021.01.19Parkland Community Blames Developer For Mold in Clubhouse
- News2021.01.14Parkland Resident Donates $20,000 To Chabad Playground Honoring Alyssa Alhadeff