Chef Robby Bushman and Chef Anthony Hoff – Courtesy Los Bocados
By Jill Fox
Known for their delicious Mexican and Latin-focused food, Los Bocados is also known for their unusual location inside a gas station.
Soon this will change — by a mere 150 steps.
The new home for the fresh, made-from-scratch Mexican and Latin fare will be the site of a former GameStop located on the Northwest corner of State Road 7 and Hillsboro Boulevard at 7031 North State Road 7.
Before appearing on The Food Network’s Diners, Drive-ins and Dives back in November, Los Bocados (meaning “snacks” or “bites” in Spanish) had already developed a reputation for its citrus pork quesadillas and barbecue brisket tostadas.
From build-your-own tacos and burritos to popular salads and rice bowls, practically everything on the menu is made-to-order.
Co-owners and chefs Robby Bushman and Anthony Hoff have had plans to expand since opening in October 2016.
“The goal was always to build an empire,” said Bushman, who credits the Parkland community for driving their growth. “The trust and respect have given the restaurant a huge boost.”
Both chefs love that they can see where it all began from their new spot in the Shoppes of Parkland just across the parking lot.
At 1,600 square feet, the new location is almost four times the original’s size, which occupied a mere 437 square feet inside the Chevron gas station at 7191 North State Road 7.
Besides having more space, the chefs look forward to serving beer and other drinks and having an environment with a better restaurant feel.
Bushman added that the 22-foot hood in their new kitchen should produce enough food for another location or two.
Having just received their building permits, the goal is to open by the end of March, and they plan to close their current spot around the same time.
With a new home right near the restaurant and both children in Parkland schools, Bushman has plans to stay close.
He said, “Parkland residents are amazingly supportive — it’s been great.”
Send your news to Parkland’s #1 News Source Parkland Talk.
- Jill Fox is an Emmy Award-winning writer and producer. She has worked in public relations and television for over 20 years. Fox lives in Parkland with her husband and their two children.
- NewsNovember 25, 2023Celebrate Hanukkah with Mah Jongg, Latkes, and Vodka for a Good Cause
- NewsNovember 13, 2023Annual Pink Challah Bake and Mah Jongg Night to Benefit Jewish Women’s Health
- NewsJanuary 21, 2023Early Childhood Center Celebrates 20 Years in Parkland
- NewsJanuary 20, 2023Parkland Wiffle Ball Tournament Raises Money for Pediatric Cancer