By: Matt Rothman
The Marjory Stoneman Douglas girls soccer team continues their incredible play with their sixth straight District Championship.
The Eagles beat Coral Glades, clinching a District Championship for seniors Neima Bien-Aime, Katelyn Campanella, Lilly Conn, Morgan Goldman, and Layla Segelnick in all four years of high school. Emma McGregor, Gianna Rizzo, and Courtney Heymach scored goals in the win.
“Coral Glades was a very well-coached and well-prepared team tonight, and the girls did enough to get the win,” Head Coach Laura Rountree said.
The Eagles will head into the Regional Championship with a record of 11-1-2. MSD made it to the Regional Final last year and will wait to see who they will be playing.
- Matt Rothman is a 2018 graduate from Florida Gulf Coast University receiving his bachelor’s degree in journalism and then graduated from the University of Florida as a graduate student. He also works for the Mohave Valley Daily News in Bullhead City, Arizona covering high school sports.
- NewsFebruary 25, 20242 Marjory Stoneman Douglas Wrestlers Advance to State Championship
- NewsFebruary 22, 2024Marjory Stoneman Douglas Seals No-Hitter Win in Home-Opener
- NewsFebruary 22, 2024Marjory Stoneman Douglas Softball Begins Season With Win Under New Coach
- NewsFebruary 22, 2024Marjory Stoneman Douglas Marks Historic Day with 6 Athletes Signing College Commitments