By: Matt Rothman
The Marjory Stoneman Douglas football officially qualified for the postseason and will play Monarch High School in the opening round.
“It’s always a great accomplishment to play in the postseason,” Head Coach Kieth Hindsley said. “The payers have improved every week since we started the season with four losses.”
“Monarch will be a challenge as they have some really good athletes, but we have played them earlier in the season,” Hindsley said. “That gives us an opportunity to fix the mistakes we made last game and come up with a great game plan to compete. The best thing about the payoffs is everyone is equal.”
Kickoff for this game is set for Thursday November 9, at 7 p.m. at Coconut Creek High School.
- Matt Rothman is a 2018 graduate from Florida Gulf Coast University receiving his bachelor’s degree in journalism and then graduated from the University of Florida as a graduate student. He also works for the Mohave Valley Daily News in Bullhead City, Arizona covering high school sports.
- NewsNovember 29, 2023Marjory Stoneman Douglas Soccer Face Coral Glades; Girls Basketball Begins Season
- NewsNovember 27, 2023Marjory Stoneman Douglas Boys Soccer Records 1st Win With Offensive Explosion
- NewsNovember 27, 2023Parkland Pokers 12U Baseball Team Set to Host Tryouts on Tuesday
- NewsNovember 27, 2023Marjory Stoneman Douglas Boys Basketball Opens Regular Season With Win