By: Matt Rothman
The Marjory Stoneman Douglas boys and girls swim teams are officially headed to States following a third-place finish in the Regional Championship.
The boys have four swimmers with Lorenzo Herek qualifying in the 50-yard freestyle. He will also go with the 200-yard freestyle relay team with Alexander Nichols, Frank Etchevers, and Josh Guo.
The girls will have two relay teams, with Allyson Lake, Valeria Anzures, Sophia El Chantiry, and Carly Chin in the 200-medley relay. At the same time, El Chantiry, Lake Daniella Balkcom, and Chin qualified in the 400-yard freestyle relay. Balcom qualified individually in the 200 and 500 freestyle, while Lake advanced in the 100-yard backstroke.
MSD is set to compete States on November 10 at FAST in Ocala.
- Matt Rothman is a 2018 graduate from Florida Gulf Coast University receiving his bachelor’s degree in journalism and then graduated from the University of Florida as a graduate student. He also works for the Mohave Valley Daily News in Bullhead City, Arizona covering high school sports.
- NewsNovember 29, 2023Marjory Stoneman Douglas Soccer Face Coral Glades; Girls Basketball Begins Season
- NewsNovember 27, 2023Marjory Stoneman Douglas Boys Soccer Records 1st Win With Offensive Explosion
- NewsNovember 27, 2023Parkland Pokers 12U Baseball Team Set to Host Tryouts on Tuesday
- NewsNovember 27, 2023Marjory Stoneman Douglas Boys Basketball Opens Regular Season With Win