By: Matt Rothman
Marjory Stoneman Douglas girls golf team is on their way to the State Championship following a third-place finish in Regionals.
The Eagles competed against 11 schools and totaled a score of 326. St. Thomas Aquinas High School came in first place while Doral Academy Preparatory School finished in second.
“I know the whole team is very excited to compete,” said Head Coach Devin Schaller. “Two of my players are going for the second time, and I know they’re really determined to improve on our last attempt two years ago.”
Individually, Cythinia Liu finished tied for fourth place with a 73. Madison Lenard and Ella Mamane each tied for 17th with an 80. Cassidy Charles also competed for the Eagles and came in 29th while Giana Ramos finished in 40th place.
Next, MSD will compete in the State Championship at Mission Inn in Howey-in-the-Hills, Florida, on November 15-17.
Send your news to Parkland’s #1 news source, Parkland Talk.
- Matt Rothman is a 2018 graduate from Florida Gulf Coast University receiving his bachelor’s degree in journalism. He is now attending the University of Florida as a graduate student.
- News2022.01.28Marjory Stoneman Douglas Boys Wins 16th Basketball Game
- News2022.01.28Marjory Stoneman Douglas Soccer Advances to Another District Final
- News2022.01.24Marjory Stoneman Douglas Boys Basketball Picks Up 15th Win on Senior Night
- News2022.01.24Marjory Stoneman Douglas Girls Basketball Finishes Regular Season With Senior Night Win