By: Matt Rothman
Before starting the Tri-County Playoffs later this week, the Marjory Stoneman Douglas Volleyball Team had a chance to compete in the Big-8 Championship and advanced all the way to finals.
The Eagles pulled off a pair of incredible victories to start as they defeated Coral Springs Charter in four sets on Monday and then Cypress Bay High School in three on Tuesday night. Both teams are the top two high schools in the 6A Tri-County playoffs. The Eagles, who compete in 7A, eventually lost to Pembroke Pines Charter in the finals.
MSD went 4-4 in the regular season and had three of those losses come to the three teams they played in the tournament.
This is only the start for MSD as they are set to play in the Tri-County Playoffs on Thursday when the Eagles host Santaluces Community High School Thursday at 5 p.m. MSD comes in as the seventh seed. Still, Santaluces is 10-0 on the season and has only lost three sets all year despite coming in as the tenth seed.
Send your news to Parkland’s #1 news source, Parkland Talk.
- Matt Rothman is a 2018 graduate from Florida Gulf Coast University receiving his bachelor’s degree in journalism. He is now attending the University of Florida as a graduate student.
- News2021.05.13Marjory Stoneman Douglas Baseball Storms Back Late to Advance to Regional Final
- News2021.05.13Marjory Stoneman Douglas Boys and Girls Golf Win Broward County Championship
- News2021.05.09Marjory Stoneman Douglas Track and Field Team Shines at States
- News2021.05.08Marjory Stoneman Douglas Baseball Combines For No-Hitter in Regionals