By Sharon Aron Baron
If the adage “Adopt, Don’t Shop” resonates with you, then the Humane Society of Broward County has two furry friends desperately looking for a loving home.
Meet 11-year-old Monte, a delightful dog whose loyalty knows no bounds, and 8-year-old Dexter, a courageous cat with a penchant for cuddles.
Monte: The Dog Who Lost His Owner
Monte, an 11-year-old, 52-pound dog, had a loving home until his owner tragically died. Left in a crate in the backyard, neighbors took turns feeding and walking him. But this situation was far from ideal for a dog who was used to lounging inside, especially in air-conditioned comfort. Now residing at the Humane Society, Monte is looking to spend his golden years in a home that can offer him the simple luxuries he loves: leisurely walks, couch cuddles, and some good old-fashioned spoiling.
Monte appears to get along well with other dogs and cohabitated peacefully with a cat. If you can offer Monte the loving home he deserves, he’s available for adoption under the ID A671851.
Dexter: The Cat Who Battled Against Odds
When Dexter, an 8-year-old feline, was brought to the shelter, he was in dire straits—difficulty walking led clinic staff to conduct X-rays, revealing a poorly healed broken tibia.
After undergoing a successful leg amputation, Dexter has shown tremendous resilience and is now on the mend. He enjoys pets and the occasional sprinkle of catnip, but Dexter truly craves a forever home where he can recover and be showered with tender, loving care.
If you’re a cat lover looking for a feline friend, Dexter can be adopted under the ID A971815.
Interested adopters can meet Monte, Dexter, or other deserving pets by visiting the Humane Society of Broward County’s website to complete the pre-adoption application. The facility, located at 2070 Griffin Road in Fort Lauderdale, FL, opens its adoption kennels daily at 11 a.m.
For further information or questions regarding the adoption process, please call 954-989-3977, extension 6.
- Sharon Aron Baron is a Parkland resident and editor of Talk Media. She has been covering Parkland news since 2012. Parkland Talk was created to provide News, Views, and Entertainment for the residents of Parkland.
- NewsOctober 1, 2023State Rep Hunschofsky Discusses Breast Cancer Awareness, Mental Health Support
- NewsSeptember 28, 2023Revamp Your Children’s Fall Wardrobes: Sustainable Fashion Event Offers 90% Off
- NewsSeptember 28, 2023Vandalism Escalates to Dangerous Levels at Parkland Residence
- NewsSeptember 26, 2023Representative Christine Hunschofsky Hosts Town Hall in Parkland