By: Matt Rothman
The Marjory Stoneman Douglas girls soccer team advanced to the Regional Semifinals following their 3-1 victory over Park Vista Community High School.
The Eagles fell behind 1-0 in the early stages of the games, but Mia Engelbart responded with two quick goals to give MSD a 2-1 lead.
In the second half, Emily Burke added a third goal before the game was delayed. Play resumed nearly an hour later with 25 minutes left in the game, and MSD played well to close it out and earned themselves a victory.
“I was extremely proud with how hard we worked as a group to come back and get score some girls and get the win,” said Head Coach Laura Rountree.
This was the Eagles’ seventh win of the season and third in the postseason as they defeated Coral Springs and Coral Glades by a combined score of 12-0 to win their 23 district championship in school history.
Send your news to Parkland’s #1 news source, Parkland Talk.
- Matt Rothman is a 2018 graduate from Florida Gulf Coast University receiving his bachelor’s degree in journalism. He is now attending the University of Florida as a graduate student.
- News2021.05.22CHAMPIONS AGAIN: Marjory Stoneman Douglas Baseball Wins 2nd State Championship in 6 Years
- News2021.05.21BREAKING: Marjory Stoneman Douglas Baseball 1 Win Away From State Championship
- News2021.05.15Ordonez’s Walk-Off Home Run Wins Regionals for Marjory Stoneman Douglas Baseball
- News2021.05.13Marjory Stoneman Douglas Baseball Storms Back Late to Advance to Regional Final