By: Matt Rothman
The Eagles trailed 1-0, but Sam Novik tied the game off of a beautiful free-kick. Later on, MSD fell behind again by a goal, but Grace Keane scored to tie the game on another nice finish.
After neither team scored in overtime, Skylar Lund, Novik, Chloe Rogers, and Molly Conn scored in penalty kicks while goaltender Carly Brodsky stopped two shots to guide MSD to the win.
Head Coach Laura Rountree was so excited for the girls and credits Boca Raton for putting up an incredible fight.
“It was a very hard-fought game,” Coach Rountree said. “I was just so proud of the effort the girls put in. They worked extremely hard. When you get to penalty kicks, they could go either way.”
Up next, MSD girls soccer will play Vero Beach in the Regional Final as they are also coming off a win in penalty kicks, with the game set for Tuesday, February 23 at 7 p.m. in Parkland.
Send your news to Parkland’s #1 news source, Parkland Talk.
- Matt Rothman is a 2018 graduate from Florida Gulf Coast University receiving his bachelor’s degree in journalism. He is now attending the University of Florida as a graduate student.
- News2021.07.27Infielder Gavin Conticello Decides Future After Being Selected in MLB Draft
- News2021.07.26Marjory Stoneman Douglas Aidan Minott Reveals College Decision
- News2021.07.26Stealth 2026 Lacrosse Team Ranks 13th in the Nation
- News2021.07.22Marjory Stoneman Douglas Cameron Harris to Join Former Teammate in College