By Sharon Aron Baron
The American Cancer Society is calling on youth performers to participate in an upcoming fundraising talent show.
Singers, dancers, bands, and other acts are encouraged to register their act at Relay For Life for only a $10.00 entry fee.
Performances will be recorded on Saturday, March 20, from 9:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. at the Pine Trails Park Amphitheater, and pre-recorded performances are also accepted. The Talent Show will be live-streamed after March 29, where performers will compete for 1st, 2nd, and 3rd place by raising donations for their talent acts.
Performances must have fewer than ten participants, five minutes maximum duration, and adhere to COVID-19 guidelines.
Megan Mila, event lead, said they were honored to host multiple events to support the American Cancer Society in such times of need.
“Cancer never sleeps, even when there is a pandemic,” she said. “The talent show is an opportunity for our talented youth to perform and raise funds for ACS. We are looking forward to coming together in a safe environment.”
Burny Pelsmajer, Regional Manager with School of Rock Broward County, who is sponsoring the sound and AV for the talent show, said the competition is a way for our local youth to connect and perform in an open-air Covid-compliant environment.
He said, “When kids are active and creative, it’s better for the world.”
Register at Relay For Life and hit JOIN OUR TEAM. The deadline is Sunday, February 28, 2021. Contact Megan Mila 617-413-0230 or Kendra Walsh 954-593-6934 for more details.
To learn more about Relay For Life of Parkland, Coral Springs, Margate, and Coconut Creek, or form a team or register as an individual or cancer survivor, visit relayforlife.org/parklandfl, or email Lisa Noel or RFLParkland for questions.
Send your news to Parkland’s #1 news source, Parkland Talk.
- Sharon Aron Baron is a Parkland resident and editor of Talk Media. She has been covering Parkland news since 2012. Parkland Talk was created to provide News, Views, and Entertainment for the residents of Parkland.
- News2021.07.29Parkland BSO Holds Shred-A-Thon and Operation Medicine Cabinet July 31
- News2021.07.19Marjory Stoneman Douglas Eagle Regiment Holds Car Wash Fundraiser
- News2021.07.13North Springs Improvement District Drinking Water Undergoing Routine Chlorination July 15
- News2021.07.12Parkland BSO Holds Shred-A-Thon and Operation Medicine Cabinet July 31