By Jill Fox
The Marjory Stoneman Douglas High School JROTC needs the community’s help in assisting local Veterans.
Collecting items at school this year has proved difficult due to Covid-19, so the JROTC is reaching out for donations for their annual service-learning project.
The cadets seek shampoo, conditioner, body wash, male cologne, toothpaste, mouthwash, word searches or adult doodle books, decks of cards, soda, and mini U.S. flags for a local veterans’ home.
Since some of the Veterans have limited physical capability, they are asking for regular size containers, not the travel sizes.
Donations can be dropped off at North Springs Park at 5601 Coral Springs Drive on Saturday, January 9 between 1 p.m. and 2:30 p.m. or at any of the following Parkland locations through January 10. Items should be placed in a bag and left by the front door of each home.
9151 Cattail Run
6463 NW 102 Terrace
7615 North Rocky Lane
6543 NW 105 Terrace
Parkland Golf & Country Club
10273 Sweet Bay Manor
7253 NW 116 Way and 8015 NW 110 Drive
5930 NW 99 Way
Pine Tree Estates
6588 NW 63 Way
Send your news to Parkland Talk.
- Jill Fox is an Emmy Award-winning writer and producer. She has worked on the public relations side as well as the television side of marketing for NBC Universal. A true Floridian, Fox grew up in Ormond Beach and now resides in Parkland with her husband, Brian and their two children, Madden, 10 and Randi, 7.
- News2021.01.14Parkland Resident Donates $20,000 To Chabad Playground Honoring Alyssa Alhadeff
- News2021.01.12Student-Led Organization ‘People of Change’ Promotes Racial Equality
- News2021.01.12Congregation Kol Tikvah Holds Virtual Comedy Night with Amazing Vacation Auctions Jan 30
- News2021.01.11State Rep Christine Hunschofsky Launches High School Internship Program