By Jill Fox
The Marjory Stoneman Douglas High School JROTC needs the community’s help in assisting local Veterans.
Collecting items at school this year has proved difficult due to Covid-19, so the JROTC is reaching out for donations for their annual service-learning project.
The cadets seek shampoo, conditioner, body wash, male cologne, toothpaste, mouthwash, word searches or adult doodle books, decks of cards, soda, and mini U.S. flags for a local veterans’ home.
Since some of the Veterans have limited physical capability, they are asking for regular size containers, not the travel sizes.
Donations can be dropped off at North Springs Park at 5601 Coral Springs Drive on Saturday, January 9 between 1 p.m. and 2:30 p.m. or at any of the following Parkland locations through January 10. Items should be placed in a bag and left by the front door of each home.
9151 Cattail Run
6463 NW 102 Terrace
7615 North Rocky Lane
6543 NW 105 Terrace
Parkland Golf & Country Club
10273 Sweet Bay Manor
7253 NW 116 Way and 8015 NW 110 Drive
5930 NW 99 Way
Pine Tree Estates
6588 NW 63 Way
Send your news to Parkland Talk.
- Jill Fox is an Emmy Award-winning writer and producer. She has worked in public relations and television for over 20 years. Fox lives in Parkland with her husband and their two children.
- News2021.06.13Mah Jongg Players Meet For 2 Summer Gatherings At Family Bagels
- News2021.06.09Friendship Journey Scholarships Awarded In Memory of Jaime Guttenberg And Gina Montalto
- News2021.06.08Parkland Mourns Respected Father, Husband and Coach, Drew Evan Wiener
- News2021.06.08Any Fin Is Possible At Parkland’s Summer Youth Fishing Derby