By Jim Donnelly
Through our joint effort with the Broward Sheriff’s Office to share updates with residents, this is a summary of crimes and other Parkland incidents through January 1, 2024.
A victim of Theft – Motor Vehicle Parts on 12/26/2023. The total estimated loss was $4,000. The victim advised his catalytic converter was stolen from his truck.
A victim of Theft From Building on 12/31/2023. The total estimated loss was $15,100. The new owner purchased the home in September of 2023. He advised the renters (renting the house from the previous owner) that they needed to move out but would give them a few months. They stopped paying the rent, and the new owner had them evicted through the courts. When they moved out, they stole all the appliances, ceiling fans, and door knobs and damaged some of the flooring and cabinets.
A victim of a Bomb Threat in the Kol Tikvah Congregation community on 12/28/2023.
K Hovnanian Homes was a victim of Burglary Residence on 12/28/2023. The total estimated loss was $500. An unknown person entered the unlocked residence and removed a brand new, uninstalled microwave (in the box) set on top of the kitchen island. The house is currently under construction, as are most of the homes on that street.
Information on 12/29/2023. An adult male called in complaints to the mayor’s office in the City of Parkland. During this, he was advised not to contact city officials any further regarding allegations that the events at Marjory Stoneman Douglas on 2-14-18 were a hoax, among other claims. The adult male has since reinitiated his contact with the city and its staff, intending to speak with persons on the commission. The adult male transmitted a myriad of emails to city personnel.
Additionally, he called city hall, became unsavory with the receptionist, and eventually left a voicemail when his calls were unanswered. BSO Threat Management was contacted and apprised of the situation. They advised that they were continuing to investigate the adult male.
No arrests were reported.
- A Coral Springs resident for over 30 years, Jim Donnelly has had a 40-year career as a photographer, videographer, and editor for South Florida affiliate news stations, along with CNN, ESPN, ABC Sports and News, NBC Sports and News, Fox News, and CBS. Donnelly has won several awards, including EMMY’s, for his team coverage. Currently, he owns Image Masters Photography and works as a Realtor.
- NewsFebruary 20, 2024Parkland Crime Update: Theft Deterred by Locked Car Doors
- NewsFebruary 11, 2024Parkland Crime Update: Dog Escapes Yard And Attacks Another Dog
- NewsFebruary 6, 2024Parkland Crime Update: Screen Company Takes Deposit But Doesn’t Do The Work
- NewsJanuary 30, 2024Parkland Crime Update: Woman Loses Diamond Ring Valued At $42K