By Jill Fox
Two Parkland residents were awarded honors medallions from Florida State University during a virtual ceremony on April 30.
In the university’s largest class to date, they awarded degrees to nearly 7,000 graduates and 383 high-achieving medallions.
Shayna Cohen, an economics major, received University Honors. She earned at least 18 honors points in fulfillment of the general honors program.
Giana SanGiovanni, a marketing major, received University Honors. She earned at least 18 honors points in fulfillment of the general honors program.
Other area recipients:
Atalya Santos, digital media production, Honors in their major
Dylan Spears, communication science and disorders, Honors in their major
Samantha Cacurak, criminology, University Honors Program
Michael Campanella, physics, Dual Honors
Ancy Jose Varghese, Humanities, University Honors Program
Felicia Reich, International Affairs, University Honors Program
Alysia Treacy, Anthropology, University Honors Program
Joshua Eloi, Finance, University Honors Program
Phoebe Scheidegger, Art History, University Honors Program
“By earning an honors medallion, you have already demonstrated a desire to challenge yourself and a motivation to succeed,” FSU President John Thrasher told honorees. “These values will serve you well — both in the workplace and in life.”
Got News? Send a message to Parkland Talk.
- Jill Fox is an Emmy Award-winning writer and producer. She has worked on the public relations side as well as the television side of marketing for NBC Universal. A true Floridian, Fox grew up in Ormond Beach and earned her Bachelor’s Degree in Economics and Advertising from the University of Miami. During college, Fox enjoyed working at Walt Disney World. She loves living in Parkland with her husband, Brian and their two children, Madden, 10 and Randi, 7.
- News2020.09.253 Marjory Stoneman Douglas Students Create Masks with a Meaning
- News2020.09.25BSO Units Arrests 4 Suspects after Parkland Car Burglary
- News2020.09.25Parkland Farmers’ Market Returns November 1 with ‘Drive Thru’ Format
- Politics2020.09.24Parkland Commission Votes to Lower Millage Rate For 2021