By Jill Fox
Back in its third year, Parkland will hold its annual Light up the Park event, but this one will be slightly different.
On Saturday, December 19, from 5:00 p.m. to 7:30 p.m, the evening will feature live entertainment, food trucks, trivia contests, and music, as well as socially-distanced areas for families to sit back, relax, and enjoy the view from the great lawn. Attendees can also wear their favorite ugly sweater to be entered into a raffle.
Christine Garcia, Director of Parks and Recreation, said it would be a safe environment where residents and their families can come to help kick off the holiday season here in Parkland.
Everyone is welcome to bring their lawn chairs or blankets for seating at the Parkland Amphitheater when they watch the lights turn on together as a community.
The special night is free and open to the public, but space is limited. Facial coverings are required, and groups may not consist of more than ten people.
The Parkland Amphitheater is located inside Pine Trails Park at 10561 Trails End. For more information, call 954-757-4105.
Send your news to Parkland’s #1 News Source, Parkland Talk.
- Jill Fox is an Emmy Award-winning writer and producer. She has worked in public relations and television for over 20 years. Fox lives in Parkland with her husband and their two children.
- NewsNovember 25, 2023Celebrate Hanukkah with Mah Jongg, Latkes, and Vodka for a Good Cause
- NewsNovember 13, 2023Annual Pink Challah Bake and Mah Jongg Night to Benefit Jewish Women’s Health
- NewsJanuary 21, 2023Early Childhood Center Celebrates 20 Years in Parkland
- NewsJanuary 20, 2023Parkland Wiffle Ball Tournament Raises Money for Pediatric Cancer